Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up, 2012, Week 13

Little notes I write myself, so that I can remember each precious day!  ('Cause the days are long, but the years are short!)

Prideful or prejudiced?  Neither! 

Sunday...
It was so good to be in church this morning!  Afterwards, we came home for a nice lunch of leftovers.  We had a little time for resting before we had to be back for Trevor's children's choir practice.  We also made a trip to Target.  Grace and I had time to watch some Jane Austin on BBC, thus inspiring the above dress that Grace pinned together with safety pins!  (She wants a Regency style dress made for her, but we need a seamstress. Hint, hint, Nana :-)

Pretending to be an accomplished young lady. 



Monday

Suddenly the weather is cooler, but still very pleasant.  I rode my bike today after lunch.  In the morning, we had gym class, a quick trip to the library, a stop for Great Harvest bread, and back home for lessons.  The evening went quickly as Jeff got home late.  We ate our late dinner of salad and garlic cheddar cheese bread and had smoothies for dessert.  Ryan's Latin and another history book arrived.  Next week I will order the last of next year's books when they are on sale! 

Grace's latest.  (She says the glass has grape juice in it.) 


Tuesday...

Because of a freeze warning, I had to bring in Grandpa's geranium, which by the way is wildly out of control!  That makes me so happy.  It's a living link to a man I miss so very, very much.

Today, I want to get a lot done with our lessons.  We babysit this afternoon.  I will catch up the laundry while the kids entertain our little friend.  Then, I'll take Grace to dance.  I think we'll have a "mock" Moroccan chicken with mashed cauliflower and brown rice.

I've started thinking about our week off next week for spring break.  I don't usually take a full week off, but we've done so well that I think a week off will actually do us some good.  I wish we could go somewhere, like a beach, but I've never been able to do such a thing, even as a child, we could never get away for spring break.  It is not my lot in life!  (I say with self pity as Facebook friends are about to dash away to Florida.)  Silly me!  I think it is just the taxing season getting to me.  I really want to go camping!   

Target practice time! Only with Dad, of course.



Wednesday...
It turned into another lovely day after a cloudy start.  I think the high temperature reached in the 70's.  We got a lot of reading done.  I got caught up in one of our readers and ended up reading the whole thing to myself.  Oops.  I have always found the kings of England very interesting and we are up to Henry the VIII, what a scoundrel!

Dinner was excellent, by the way.  I made oven roasted potatoes, a crustless quiche with spinach and ham, and cut up apples.  I think that this will be back on the menu soon.  Despite the crust being my most favorite part of a quiche and despite not having cheese, the quiche was very good.  

AWANA went well tonight.  My kids were happy that it was their favorite theme, walking wounded.  All the kids got into it.  I never saw so many kids with head injuries!  *wink* 


"My sister did it to me!" 



Thursday...

Today, another fantastic weather day, I want to ride my bike after lunch and before our little friend comes to play. (Done.)  If we work hard this morning, today could be our last day of school until after spring break next week.  So, the school books will get put away, if all goes well. (It did.) 


I made Asian Honey Chicken with brown rice and mixed vegetables for dinner. 


Distinguished. 

Friday...

*Yawn*  Storms kept rolling through, waking me up all night.  I think we have a tiny bit of reading to finish the week strong.  I need to give Ryan his science test and grade his weekly essay.  I plan to walk in the morning or ride my bike, if the weather cooperates.  (Rain is predicted.)  We will have to go get groceries, but otherwise today will be mostly relaxing. In the afternoon, a roofer is coming to give an estimate on a new roof, so glad I don't have to pay for it.   I am going to make a homemade pizza for dinner.  I want to tidy the house, but that doesn't sound very relaxing!  We may invite neighbor friends over to play. 


AWANA flag ceremony, Trevor with the AWANA flag. 




Saturday...

First official day of spring break!!!  Jeff works.  We do our best to get through the day.  Most likely we will tidy the house, because after I wrote all that about Friday, I started to feel less excited about cleaning!  I do know that we will be watching some Deep Space Nine before bed tonight.  Dinner will be determined after I go shopping today (Friday.) 

Have a great weekend!
Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Grace looks beautiful (and incredibly tall!) in those top photos.

    I really wish our church had AWANA. It looks like such a great club.

    And walking wounded - LOL. Those 'shiners' are very realistic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Trevor can make a Fedora and Star Trek Comm Badge work together. How does he do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics.. Grace looks so cute.. I am surprising Aleisha with one that I just bought off Ebay.. Our friend here hosts a girls tea in May and encourages the young ladies to dress up..... The one I found on ebay was quite inexpensive($25) and modest in appearance.. maybe try looking there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great buy, Jeannie! I thought to look on Etsy, but not ebay. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  4. I don't think she needs to pretend. Grace is well on her way to being an accomplished young lady!

    I am so ready for camping too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace looks beautiful in her regency dress. I love that period of time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a Regency style dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Grace has gotten tall! I love her artwork! She does such a great job. That latest one looks like something you'd find in a Italian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, You packed a lot in one week! I hope you get to rest this coming week. Ohhh yes I do hope Nana will help with a Regency dress and then you will have to make sure your dd poses for us, you are never too old for dress up. [o=

    It is good to be back in blogland and I sure did miss you! I will pop in as I can. (((HUGS)))

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great week. I hope you have a great spring break. Though ours was busy, it was a great week. Love the pictures of Grace dressed up too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails