![]() |
| A treat. Mine was tart, but refreshing. |
The last day of winter is here. It's 80 degrees and sunny AGAIN! I am so spoiled now that I can't even imagine going back to the 60's that a couple weeks ago seemed like perfection! :-)
Ryan is with Nana today. I miss him, but know he is having a grand time. The younger two and I had a pretty good day together. First there was gym class and a stop on the way home to get our Great Harvest bread. Then we had a yummy lunch at home. The kids did their math on their own, both getting all questions right. :-) Next, we sang a couple hymns, because churches don't teach them these days. We continued our reading in Acts, while Grace illustrated for us on her flannel graph board. We read poetry. We read in our history spine, The World of Columbus and Sons. We read a chapter of Leonardo da Vinci and a chapter of The second Mrs. Gioconda. The kids did their language arts on their own while I cleaned up lunch and hung some clothes out to dry. This is pretty much our typical Monday. In a bit I will take Grace to dance class. While she's in dance, I'll read. Dinner is started already. We're having pinto beans and brown rice with steamed broccoli and fruit.
![]() |
| A picture just doesn't do it justice! |
Tuesday...
Sunny and in the mid 80's! Grace and I took our walk a bit earlier today so that we'd beat the heat. I still can't believe that I just said that in March. Ryan got right to work on his mostly independent studies. Grace, Trevor and I kept on reading away. Grace and I are having a great time reading about all the kings and queens and their sinful lives. History is entertaining!
Our little friend comes this afternoon. The kids keep her occupied and I think they enjoy their time with her. I think it is good for them to spend two afternoons a week caring for a youngster under my watchful eye.
Tonight is my bunco night. I'm making homemade chicken tenders, green beans and fruit for dinner here. Not sure what I'll be served at my friends' house, but I do know that I will have to behave myself. :-)
![]() |
| This is what happens when I say no to screens. |
Wednesday...
Ditto on the weather. Now, I am really beginning to think we are going to have to mow the grass soon. I've never mowed in March. Not once. This is the last sunny day for a couple days, as rain is on the way tomorrow and Friday.
Today is a bitter day. We're going to a 21 year old cousin's funeral. Young persons funerals are beyond difficult. I did not know her very well, but her mother and aunt are close family.
I hope to get some reading with the kids done today before and perhaps after the funeral, but I'm not so sure it will happen.
Tonight is AWANA. I'll make (whole grain) pancakes with real maple syrup before we go.
![]() |
| Grace's new pencils! |
Thursday...
A mixed bag of weather today. It stormed a little, but was still warm, in the 70's. We continued with our lessons in the morning, making good progress. Our little friend came in the afternoon. I made a huge salad, fruit salad, and bread for dinner. Kids went to karate. Uneventful day. Praise the Lord! Even the laundry is caught up. *grins*
![]() |
| Looking at a spider climbing up behind me! |
Friday...
Woke up to a gentle rain, but still very warm in the 60's this morning. We need the rain. I am supposed to meet my friend to walk this morning. We'll see how the weather is in a few hours.
I need to finish our reading for the week. We are on week 31 of 36 weeks of our Sonlight curriculum. I plan to go to the end of May, so for a few weeks, we will concentrate on other subjects, like spelling, perhaps? We really need to!
Dinner? I must think of it now! Options are dwindling. I really need to go to the store, but there is no time or energy for that. I will thaw a package of chicken and see what happens! Perhaps the dinner fairy will arrive in time to save my sanity? Getting dinner made and cleaned up before small group is a job. PB& J would work for me!
Tonight we have our small group over. The house will need some work, nothing major. I am out of *gasp* coffee, so at some point I will have to get some before tomorrow morning or else!
Saturday...
Jeff works. It's one of the last of the Saturdays to work though. We're counting down. Only 3 more after this week! I'll have to get food, because tonight, friends coming for dinner. :-)
Sunday...
Our one family day. Not sure what we'll do after church. I think Trevor has choir practice in the evening, so there won't be a whole lot of time. Maybe we'll just hang out.
![]() |
| Waiting for art class. |
Thanks again for reading,
Jenn






Sounds like a great week again. What's the red drink on the right? It sure looks good right now. Glad to hear you are teaching the kids hymns. Thankfully, our little country church will sing a hymn or 2 each Sunday, but I wish it was all hymns. We usually have a hymn for the week in our homeschool too. And glad you are reading Scripture together! It's not enough to leave the Bible teaching to the Church anymore. I'll have to post about it, but a number of years ago I found out that our former church's Sunday School curriculum didn't teach a thing about hell, not once, not in any of the grades...and it was a well-known curriculum. I think that's pretty typical now days of most churches, whether on purpose or they just don't realize what is being left out.
ReplyDeleteMy, Grace's hair is getting long. And I love new colored pencils...almost as much fun as new crayons. :) Have a good weekend!
Sounds like you had a good week. I hope your weekend will go well too. I got your email and will read it soon. :)
ReplyDeletelaundry is caught up....? Unless the kids are naked, that can't ever happen in this house. HA!
ReplyDeleteAll your mentioning of food makes me ravenous, Jenn! ;)
ReplyDeleteMany blessings!
Really nice to read your activity again! I admire you. Homeschooling is quite time-consuming? Though they do certain things themselves. Yes, here in the Netherlands it is also warm. The clock / time is changed tonight so we had to go out bed an hour earlier.
ReplyDeleteI wish you a lovely week. And what's bunco night?
Maybe it's just something simple?
Pretty pencils. Beautiful long braid (last picture
Sounds like a great week! And I love the concept of a dinner fairy.
ReplyDeleteOnce, long ago I read what one Mama used to do if she didn't know what she was making for supper: she put an onion in the oven to make is smell like she had it under control, and sliced up a cucumber or something special like that for a snack for her husband. Then she'd usually be inspired!
If I don't know what I'm making, I always start by chopping onions, and while I chop I 'discover' what else I'm making. The kids say those meals are always my best. LOL
Wishing you another great week!