It's just that only one short year ago, he was just a boy. (But he seemed so big.)I look at that picture and I see just how much he has matured this last year.
| At age 13 |
![]() |
| Two weeks ago, age 14. |
I knew this would happen. I saw it happening to others. Two years ago,I remember telling myself that in a couple of years, Ryan would morph into a young man. I tried to prepare myself.
![]() |
| Two years ago at 12, just a baby, really. |
So, I'm trying to hang on to the last years with my last "baby"...
He's only 10, but 29 is just around the corner! I don't even want to think about Grace being 13 this summer. (Suddenly, I feel old and really nostalgic.)
| Just 4 years ago |
| Just 4 short years ago! |
If you home educate your children long enough, you will run into so many people who say, "I could never do that!" I usually just smile, they probably wouldn't understand the joy and peace I receive knowing that I have found contentment in being at home, serving my family. It's such a short time. It's worth every thing to hear my 14 year old tell me, as he's watching the school bus drop off some kids, that he loves learning at home. He loves being with me. *melt*
It's worth it.



I so know what you mean right now.. When people often mistake Aleisha for being alot younger than she is... most think she is 13... NOT 16... it humbles me... I realize in a few years she can either legally make a choice to leave the nest(18)or choose to stay home...... I have a few regrets... mainly not allowing my children to work along side me when they were very little.. but thats pretty much it... I did work out side the home on few occasions.. and even though I enjoyed it... being a stay at home mom is truly where I like to be... especially even now where I can be there for my kids when they come home from school and they dont have to go through what I did being a latch key (boy could I find mischief)... What really clinched the blessing of being a stay at home mom... and doing what we mommas do and choosing to stay home... was when I became a foster parent... I realized that being a momma can not be taken for granted and children should not be either... raising 5 kids teen down to a newborn was so eye opening that I know the Lord called it a purpose for me and jason... but I can only speak for me what being a foster parent did to aknowledge the gifts children truly are... for that I am thankful for the new found wisdom and wont take it for granted any more. Praising Jesus :)
ReplyDeleteA lifetime with our children is never long enough. I've loved every second of it...it's what I was born & called to do/be. This is my dream job and doing anything else would make me and the girls terribly sad. Savor every moment.
ReplyDeleteYES! It is so worth it. :) I have been having some of these same thoughts, Jenn. Aren't our kids precious! I am soooo thankful God has given me this time with my girls. I am going to miss them dreadfully someday!
ReplyDeleteI am right there with ya! I am so thankful that I homeschool, that I get to walk along side my gifts ( children ) so very much. Each day is very precious.
ReplyDeleteThough I have never been a mother (frowns), your testimony and photographs truly warmed my heart. Though I obviously "can't relate," I can say that I am glad that you had no regrets, and that you are happy being the best mother you can be.
ReplyDeleteIt is definitely worth it, Jenn. I have no regrets for staying home the past 30 years. And I pray that my children will rise up and call me blessed. Thanks for an encouraging post. :)
ReplyDeleteThe time does pass all too quickly! I love your son's Star Trek shirt! :D
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. This really reminds me to slow down and enjoy. Something the Lord has been whispering to me.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet words. I like the pictures too, always fun to look back at their different ages.
ReplyDeleteA blog to my heart. My son is in August fourteen. I'm so glad I have also a son of eight years old. Its fun to see him playing wit his playmobil.
ReplyDeleteMy oldest daughter is almost 20. I sometimes look back with nostalgia. But I do not really stand still. There are so many beautiful things, each new year...
I love the pictures from your children.