Friday, March 16, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 11

In which I write little notes to remember each precious day!

Grandpa#1 and Ryan last Friday
Monday...
The weather is rainy.  I get up at 6:30 and it is pitch black.  I feel as if the hour we lost has taken us back to February darkness.  Thankful for my coffee and date time with Jeff.   Thankful for grandfathers who took the time to drive hours to see us Friday and Saturday.  (Love you!) 

Today we have gym class, feed the neighbor's dogs twice, dance class, roasting 2 chickens for dinner tonight(and tomorrow,) and I hope to get our reading aloud done.  I'm still congested, mostly just in the mornings.  Otherwise, I am functioning, so I am not going to the doctor.

Tuesday...
Lessons, babysitting, art class, and more sunshine!  Laundry is king today.  Oh so much of it to do.  I made chicken and biscuts for dinner.  It's super easy and they love it!

Jenn's Easy Chicken and Biscuts 
De-bone a chicken that was roasted the day before.  Lay that meat in a big pan and almost cover with chicken broth.  Chop up some carrots, celery, and potatoes and put them in another pan to boil a little until almost soft.  To the chicken that's in the big pan, add some green beans, the chopped vegetables.   Then, sprinkle with onion, garlic, pepper, salt and parsley.  Top with whole grain drop biscuts.  Bake for 30 min. on 350. 

Whole grain drop biscuts
4c. whole grain flour
4t  baking powder
2t baking soda
1 t salt
4T melted butter
2c. milk

Mix all together and drop rounded very large spoonfuls on top of chicken and vegetables. 

Twins! 

Wednesday...
Another beautiful day with sunshine and open windows!  We are making steady progress towards our weekly reading goals.  This week, I added a book, so we are reading quite a lot.  Sometimes you have to add a great book!  

AWANA was tonight and Grace finished her book.  She worked so hard to get through it.  It's not something that I think I could do very easily.   Trevor was injured in game time, so he won't be doing much on his ankle the next few days.

Lunch outside in March?


Thursday...
Wow, this weather is absolutely wonderful.  I have windows open all night as the low only reached the high 50's.  We are breaking old high records right and left, too.  Makes me think we will pay in April.  (A snowy Easter, perhaps?) 

Trevor finished Math U See Epsilon today!  Woo hoo!  That boy is amazing!  He's limping around today or else I think he'd have jumped up and down a few times in celebration.

We had big salads with real bacon *gasp*, I know.  But it was antibiotic and nitrite free!  Eating bacon on a salad makes me think of ordering a diet coke with a double cheeseburger, though.  For our "vegetable" we had pumpkin custard! 

Friday...
Busy, busy day!  I'll just list my list! 
  • make bread
  • write menu ideas, grocery list
  • finish reading for the week and any other stray subjects
  • get groceries (3 stores)
  • do laundry, dishes as usual
  • make home made shake 'n bake chicken for dinner with steamed broccoli and brown rice.  Blueberries for dessert. 
  • take Ryan to Winterblast at church (He spends the night!) 
  • clean bathrooms (may do tomorrow)

This is where Abbey likes to be! 


Saturday... Jeff works a long day
  • Whole house blitz!  (Floors, purging, dusting, tidy, surfaces...)
  • Pick up Ryan after lunch
  •  Put laundry away (because by now there will be baskets of it sitting around again.  
  • ???  I'm sure I'll think of something else to do around here. 
Hope you have a great weekend and thanks, as always, for stopping by to read about our busy week at home!
~Jenn 

3 comments:

  1. I copied the recipe. Sounds divine. Good wholesome comfort food.
    Amazing how much your youngest looks like his grandpa.
    My kids did Awana. Way to go Grace! That is hard work.
    My kids migrated outside for school and lunch this week too. It has been so beautiful.
    I am on the mend. Congested but feeling much better. Laundry and floors today...tomorrow the world! ( well maybe just the rest of the house)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little wrap-up. The chicken & biscuts sound yummy! How are you feeling today??? Is this the make-up overnighter at the waterpark for Ryan? Is the epidemic finally over? Enjoy your nice warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. The pictures are so sweet and that recipe sounds good. I hope you have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails