Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good Bye Pinterest

After reading this, and just not really getting all into pinning things, I've decided to delete my Pinterest account.  I'm sure it's safe and fun, but I really just don't have time to spend there.  Just letting my friends know, in case you wonder why my boards are gone.
~Jenn

**Update, since writing this, Pinterest has changed their agreement language to be more favorable.  I do not plan to rejoin, as it could be a source of discontent for me.  

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like and after going to the Pinterest site its self to read ... that this website even contradicts its self(pinterest)... by encouraging people to "pin" and connect with others through the "things" we pin... I know even on the front page it says to please give credit of where your pinning from ect ect.. but its not until you actually read the "terms" it states the later ... so who knows

    Like you I rarely get to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've read this...and NO, Pinterest will never agree to change their terms, they are just protecting their backs...but at the same time to say they own the material and could sell it....now that is like stealing and then saying it's your fault and no one can sue me (Pinterest). That is just amazing. I hate for the girls & I to have to leave it. I'm just going to have to bookmark the really good keepers & say good-bye too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did jump on the pinterest bandwagon but if I was, I would probably be leaving too. I guess this is one area I'm old fashioned in and I just have my bookmarks separated in different folders and puts things there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. recognize that Jenn. Sometimes you make choices. I wish I you a good week. Here is the coffee time now. Just rest. Time to read blogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't "do" Pinterest, either, Jenn. Never have. I just don't have the time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I opened a Pinterest account, but after the initial fun couple of days, I have as little time for it as I do for my blog, which is far too little. I'm right there with you, Jenn. Off to delete mine. Thanks for making it obvious what the right choice is. :)

    Have a lovely, warm Spring-like day!!!
    Shani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hummm . . . I think this is why I just stick with blogging, which has it's own quirks and ups and downs. It seems like all those "extra social networks" have some unappealing rules that are "hidden" so you can't notice them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had a long talk with hubby. We read through all the legal stuff...Its pretty much the same on all social networks. ( check face book and google ) Anyway we are looking into it.
    And I really do not need to be spending time there! I love the ideas. But its overwhelming and I find I am not getting much done other than looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed.
    I never started and I'm so glad as I barely have enough time to blog. Whenever I want to see some creative stuff I just click over to my favorite crafting blogs. Anyway the Pinterest boards were always a bit overwhelming, LOL!
    Blessings, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn,

    Seems like there is always little fine print...

    I have glanced at pinterest but never really understood how to do it so never did get my own. Guess that was a good thing. Thank you for the heads up!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails