Friday, March 9, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 10

Little notes I write each day so that I can remember each precious one!


Finally, his big day is here!
Monday...

Happy birthday to my big guy!  Time goes so quickly that I am amazed we are here. You being 14 blows my mind! And yet, I am so happy to have such an amazing young man in my world.  You are not a typical teen.  You are creating for yourself your own life, little by little.  I thank God for you!

Since it is a birthday, I gave the option for a day off of lessons.  Imagine my surprise when no one wanted to do school today.  (ha)

We woke up to a dusting of snow and flurries falling.  What a difference from the tornadic weather last week!  I'll take this and be happy, even though I can't walk outside today, not that I would.  I did not sleep again last night for the coughing fits lasted all night.  :-(

Homeschool gym class, a trip to the bakery and cake tonight filled our busy, happy day.  The kids all seem to be getting over their illnesses.  Perhaps I will get some sleep tonight!  One can hope. 

They eagerly watch him open their gifts.


Tuesday...

Sunshine is the word of the day!  We are back to the books today, too.  Everyone seemed fine with that.  I wondered if it would be hard to get back on track, but it was just another pleasant morning of lessons.  In the afternoon, our little friend came.  I was able to rest a lot, leaving laundry to pile up another day.

I did get some sleep last night, but still woke a few times coughing.  Thank you all for your prayers!  As I write this, I am feeling better.  I think if I just pace myself, I can manage to get done what has to be done and then rest.  I am not allowing myself to worry about having energy to work at AWANA tomorrow night and getting the house ready for small group on Friday.

His birthday lunch


Wednesday...
The day passed quietly.  The sun was shinning and its warmth drew the kids outside for a couple hours after lessons and before AWANA.  Speaking of AWANA, it went well, but I strained my voice and ended up feeling pretty drained at the end of it.  But, it was so good to see the kids again and hear a good message on how prayer is not about us.  At this point, I am thinking I may not have to see a doctor, but do wish I was feeling back to normal.
He's just so funny! 

"Mom, look.  I'm organic." 

Thursday: 
Woke up to rain and clouds with falling temperatures.  I am so congested, but not coughing.  We got right to our lessons.  We have our little friend arriving soon.  Tonight, kids go to karate.  Jeff is off at 5!  That means we can have dinner before the kids have to leave and he is going to Costco for us, so I can rest.  (What a guy!)

At bedtime I found a big white spot on my tonsil.  I think it is time to fly that white flag, but no time until maybe Saturday.  

Friday: 
Grandpa (Jeff's father) is coming down for a visit. He lives up near Lake Michigan.  He had the day off and wanted to see his grandkids.  So, we'll work a little on finishing lessons, do a quick tidy, and make some pizza dough before he gets here.  This evening, we have small group at our house.  It's been awhile since we all last got together. 

Saturday:
Jeff works.  My father is coming for a visit!  It's grandpa week!  :-)

Sunday:  
Trevor has children's choir in the afternoon.  Other than that we are home and keeping quiet. At least that is my plan.  


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week, all except for the white spot. I hope you are feeling better soon and that a doctors appointment wasn't necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - 14 sure came quickly, didn't it?!
    I pray that you are feeling better, Jenn.
    (And thank you for YOUR prayers...we sure do appreciate them!)

    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, spring time is a comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe that Ryan is 14 already - thankfully we aren't getting any older. Are you going to have time to squeeze in a dr. visit today? Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... we all are surely watching each of our kids grow up.. its amazing... Happy Birthday and may this Birthday year bring many opportunities for him to grow even more in the LoRd and be a mighty warrior for Christ

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday for Ryan. How are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're soon felling better! Thanks for sharing your week with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oh my! Sounds like you had a busy week. Despite you having that nasty cough (which I hope goes away soon), sounds like your week was pleasant.

    I hope your son had a good birthday too! I wasn't aware that you had a 14 year old son in your home. :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails