Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Large and in Charge!


(I should know by now that my Wordless Wednesday is never wordless!)

Today he backed up my laptop, which is acting unstable.  (Of course he will figure  out why soon.  Most likely the hard drive he says.)

He changed our only Windows computer so that it will dual boot Ubuntu with Ubuntu being the defalut.  (yay!)

And this afternoon he will upgrade the computer I am currently using to a new operating system.  Why?  Because he can!  He is not one to leave something that works alone.  (lol.)

And this week he has earned $11 and a cool mouse in trade for his tech support.  Last week he earned $20.  He's motivated to earn money because he wants a $400 new computer.  He has never had a new one, only cast-offs. 

I tell you what, he is on his way to big things!  And, yes, I am very, very biased.

~Jenn

PS Maybe some premature good news, but it turns out that the hard drive might have just been loose in the laptop.  We'll see if putting it in firmly does the trick.  Otherwise, I will get a new hard drive installed by my favorite geek this weekend.  

6 comments:

  1. Go Ryan!!! Wish we lived closer, she could mess around with our computers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. So glad he can do all of that for you, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - good for him! (and you,too!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeschool / unschool at its finest. Don't ya just love real life learning?

    I love my kids ability to fix all things computerish. Its a real blessing. My kids all had cast offs too. One by one they are getting new ones. Takes a while to save it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should have your own meme and call it word full wednesday ... that way you dont have to make excuses.,. unless of course you do that and then find your self actually not typing any words.. HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have your own tech support!!! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails