Thursday, February 2, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012 Number 5

Monday at gym class
Monday felt like a Monday.  Gym class went well.  I do enjoy talking to the friends I've met there.  On the way home, I stopped at a Great Harvest Bakery to get some bread.  I admit, I was lazy and did not want to bake bread.  Also, I wanted to support a local store.  I know running a bakery is hard work.  I also like how they are committed to good bread.


Tuesday enjoying the warm day. 
Tuesday was another warm day.  We are now spoiled and the birds are totally confused.  They are singing, which brings joy to my heart, but fear for their jolly souls when winter comes back, as we all know it will.

We watched our little friend today.  She came to the door with her little pink Wii remote.  So cute!  She is quite good at Mario Kart for a 5 year old. 

Grace brought home her latest work of art from art class.

Later in the day, we learned that Jeff's grandma passed away.  She was 94 and very unhappy.  She had quite a hard life with some difficult losses, her husband and only daughter in the 1950's.  What I will remember most is her love for my children.  She so enjoyed watching them swim in their grandpa's (her son's) pool almost every summer until last year when she became too frail. 

Grace's latest work of art.


Wednesday we enjoyed a few hours outside with friends after lessons.  AWANA was crazy as usual. Ryan was invited to a friend's house for the evening as youth group was taking a select group of kids down to the Super Bowl hoop-la, and as you might have guessed, Ryan has less than zero interest in that.  He's all geek.  100% geek and proud of it. 

My Wednesday ice after walking.  It feels so much better! 

Thursday, we did our lessons and headed out to get the things we need for the weekend.  Dear husband and I went to get a new hard drive for my laptop while the kids were at karate.  Unfortunately, the guy at the store informed us that there is a hard drive shortage due to flooding in Taiwan.   How inconvenient for them (and me!) Time for plan B.  Not sure what that is at the moment. 


 

The Math Buddy strikes again! 
Friday is going to be the start of a very busy,family filled weekend, of which I will write about later.  Until then, toodle oo! 
~Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week.

    I have to laugh about your son. He sounds so much like mine! I'm not sure if mine has ever watched a football game. Certainly not at our house as we have no TV. And his computer geekiness sounds like my son's as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful pic of the ballerina... Grace is sure getting very good at her drawing.. Look forward to seeing more of her art work.. ... HOw big is it? And would she allow me to buy it for $10? .... seriously.. let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're leg is better! May the rest of the healing happen rapidly.

    We've had some "early birds" here, too, but they'll be in for a shock in the morning--we've got some massive snow arriving overnight and they'll remember that spring is still a couple of months away!

    Blessings on your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds are singing here too...they will be sad IF we ever do get a winter. Grace's artwork is LOVELY!! And Abbey Cat sure must be good at math by now. Blessings for the weekend....although it's for a sad ocassion, I do hope you all can enjoy your favorite beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the loss in your family.
    I love the ballerina pic.....very talented artist.
    I would have no desire for super bowl hoopla either, ha. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely week.
    We stop at the local bakery from time to time also. We like to support the local business and get a break from home baking.Plus there are some things they make that I just don't.
    Love that math buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week. Grace is quite the artist. My aunt is an artist, I'm sure Grace will continue to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace is very talented. That is a lovely picture! I'm really hoping to get some winter in before spring gets here! It is supposed to be cooler next week down here.

    So glad to hear your leg is better.

    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn,

    Glad the ice is helping your leg. That is a really good idea to ice after your walk.

    I'm sorry for your loss (Jeff's grandmother).May God bless you with wonderful memories of her.

    Gina (I had to change blogs due to a stalker issue.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails