![]() |
| Brr! |
Good morning, friends! We are back, safe and sound, from our whirlwind trip up north to say good-bye to Jeff's grandmother. It was bitter sweet, of course. I so loved taking an hour long hike in the dunes, but would rather we had been there for different reasons.
The weather was not as pleasant as we'd have liked, 30's and cloudy. But, that did not detract from the beauty of that place. Of course, we got the usual,"You're crazy!" from our family who live up there. That's OK. Winter hiking is not for everyone.
![]() |
| A lonely parking lot |
The actual funeral went well. Jeff gave a great message that honored his grandmother. Seeing all his family was great, too. We all went out to lunch afterwards and then to his uncle's home for dessert and a chance to take a memento of hers.
![]() |
| All smiles |
And now, we are sleep deprived from our trip with a big game party on top of it all. I think I will go to bed early tonight!
![]() |
| Foggy lake |
*** Please excuse the blurry phone photos, as usual.




We love winter hiking! And I sure could not visit there and not explore. Sounds like you needed a School in our PJs day!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the reason to go up there, but sounds like a nice trip overall. Glad you got some hiking in too. Fun. :)
ReplyDeleteDont apologize for the blurry pics the last one is really nice like it is.. Sorry once again to hear the news about Jeffs grandma passing... I am sure in the days ahead as each one in the family grieves.. the LoRd will be ever more holding yall tightly and the memories of her will be a comfort to you all.. HUGS
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a bittersweet weekend. I'm glad you got to spend some time in God's beautiful world. That always helps me get my bearings and deal with life's big and little events.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
Annie Kate
I'm so sorry about your husband's grandmother...it's not easy for those of us left behind.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great place to hike! I grew up down the road from a beach & the dunes, the beach fascinated me in all seasons! I miss that. Thanks for your comment at my blog! Holly
My condolences regarding your husbands grandmother. And we too winter hike but I'm noticing that since we've put cows on the pasture that it's not quite as pleasant as it used to be. I'm a bit intimidated by them :-).
ReplyDeleteYour earlier posts seem to indicate that your temps this winter have been a bit milder than winters past...here too. In fact I've got tulips and lilys peeking up through the ground! Is that the case for you?
Blessings and thanks for being so faithful to comment as often as you do :-). Julie
Sorry for your family's loss, Jenn. I'm glad the trip went well though.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the loss of Jeff's grandmother. Praying that God brings you comfort in your grief, and joy in your fond memories of her.
ReplyDeleteI give you credit for braving the cold and going winter hiking. It does look beautiful - but wow - I can not handle those cold temps.