Sickness has struck, again. This time it is my dear Trevor. He had a fever Sunday evening and a low grade temperature today. Thankfully, Grace was only ill for a few days last week. I am praying no one else gets it, of course.
So, we took it easy today on the lessons. I got the laundry caught up. Took Grace to gym class. Bought some yummy bread at Great Harvest, and let the kids watch movies the rest of the day. Of course, this means we will have to work harder the rest of the week, but hey, that really is OK. I've built in days like this to our calendar, just in case we need them.
![]() |
| My bird lover. |
It snowed! Only a couple inches, but enough to need the driveway cleared off. Which, a sweet girl did on her own accord! What a happy St. Valentine's Day! We got our lessons done in time to entertain our dear little friend. Then,Grace had art class, her favorite thing of the week. And tonight, we are having a special dinner of shrimp and other good things to celebrate God's love. The day was full of love. Love of good books, love of others, and love of chocolate!
![]() |
| Long gone treats...A picture sure lasts longer. |
Breaking news! AWANA was cancelled tonight. While I am sad for the reason, I am always glad for another night at home. (There is a measles outbreak and several people at church are affected. I am glad they are being careful. And thankful my kids had those shots!)
We enjoyed a slow-paced day at home. Lots of time to read and dream. Ryan and I took an afternoon power walk at the park. Unfortunately, it started to rain. I was very glad to spend a little time just walking and talking with my fine young son.
Karate is cancelled tonight, also due to the measles outbreak. This is turning into a week of multiple nights at home. Yippee! Our pace has really slowed down this week and I am very happy about that.
I wish Trevor were feeling all better, but it is taking a little time. He is coughing and has a headache today, but no fever, thankfully. We manage to get our lessons almost done and watch a little science TV. (Mythbusters is school, right?)
![]() |
| All that remains of a lovely recent coffee date. |
![]() |
| So cozy. |
~Jenn





I'm sorry to hear that there is much illness where you live. I pray that the measles epidemic dies down soon as well.
ReplyDeleteBesides illnesses, it sounds like you and your family are having a peaceful week at home. That is always a blessing. :)
Yes indeed, sorry that Trevor is sick but glad you are having a nice cozy week at home. The fire looks so inviting! Your kiddos are going to have to keep up with your walks I think. :) My girls are becoming Caribou Coffee snobs...they like Caribou over Starbucks, they say Starbucks is too strong of coffee. Their second choice is their own homemade concoctions. It's hard to believe they are our daughters since Jeff & I don't drink coffee. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice week overall. Sorry one is sick though. If I can't count Mythbusters as school, I'm in trouble! :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry Trevor is still sick. Hope he is better real soon!! I also hate of the measles outbreak, but like you, I would LOVE the extra nights at home. Hope you have a blessed weekend!!
ReplyDeleteHope he is feeling better now... Those strawberries look yummy :)
ReplyDeleteSound like a great week, except for the sickness. I hope your weekend is just as blessed.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope all are well at your home. We had a sick week too...and now my oldest dd is coming down with it.
ReplyDeleteMythbusters is indeed school! Good stuff. We love to use it as a base for stuff. You may already use this site: http://school.discoveryeducation.com/teachers/myth-busters/ or http://moviesheets.com/site/sheets.php?id=165
Gosh one hardly ever hears of a measle outbreak.
Your valentines sounds like it was lovely. We has a special dinner also. Glad we did it a day early as dd got sick that evening.
I hope Trevor's feeling better and that no one else is getting sick.
ReplyDeleteWhat a peaceful at-home week you had, though. I love those!
And the strawberries look yummy!