Happy second week of February! With our whirlwind weekend, the week got off to a
slow start, but gained momentum towards the end.
 |
| Watching the big game with Granddaddy. |
Sunday, we were able to watch the Super Bowl, enjoying some relaxing family time.
Monday was devoted to laundry with lessons in between the buzzer going
off. I had blankets, sheets, dress clothes, and play clothes for five
people to process!!!
It was like getting back from a camping trip. The contractor was here today,also, to install the new bookcase. (See below)
 |
Working on lessons.
|
 |
| A flower to cheer the winter heart. |
Tuesday, our little friend was here for six hours. We were able to get the basics done before she arrived. I kept the laundry going in the afternoon.
Wednesday, we really stepped things up so that we could come from behind to finish our 5 days worth of reading in 4 by Thursday.
 |
| Lovely baby. |
Thursday, the laundry was finally caught up, put away, and I was able to stock the larder. We also got our lessons wrapped up. We are even ahead in one book. Yay!
 |
| Reading to baby. |
Friday, we had a morning errand to run, then got to cleaning up for small group tonight. Trevor is off to the Children's Museum with grandparents. (Lucky dog.) They are calling for snow today. I really hope not!
 |
| Writing up a storm this week. |
Here is the new bookcase. In that spot before was a 1960's charcoal grill. Yes, an indoor grill! Who would use such a thing??? (Imagine the smoke and mess.) Anyway, now it is put to better use. The change was inspired by a leak in the flue to the grill. It poured in water! Yuck!
 |
| New bookcase installed! |
As of today, we have 56 more days left until we are done with school! 56 days until I have a young man in highschool! *gulp* Where has this year flown to?
Have a great weekend!
Jenn
Can't think of a better use for a hole in the wall...looks like it could use 1 more shelf (??). Did you get to suggest that? Looks like a great week!
ReplyDeleteI agree about it needing one more shelf, but since I was not the one to pay for it, I did not say anything! It's still functional and it is possible that I could get my father to put in another shelf. The guy who built it had a lot of trouble because he said the brick was not square.
DeleteI was gonna say the same thing.. or you can find tall books to compensate the missing shelf.. lol...
ReplyDeleteThink about it.. the 60's... most folks werent exactly straight in the head back then .. HA HA HA I am sure they thought it was pretty far out to have a modern indoor grill. LOL...
LOL, Jeannie! I'm sure the same could be said about this generation! :-)
DeleteLove the bookcase, great idea! Wow 56 more days, that's great.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sharity! I kind of wish the number was more like 156 days. I am not looking forward to highschool!!!
DeleteI know, panic is starting to set in! Do you have any good HS resources you've been looking at? I need to find something good to keep records/transcripts. I've never kept records, but feel like I need to for HS.
DeleteI've been looking at Lee Binz's stuff on keeping records. I will probably buy The Total Transcript Solution, unless I find something else. I know that I can do this, I am just not sure I want to! Terrible, I know!
DeleteI reviewed that if you want to see what you'd be getting.
Deletehttp://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2011/04/comprehensive-record-solution-2/
Thanks, Annie Kate! I remember you doing this,but don't remember all the details.
DeleteSounds like a great week and I love that bookcase, how nice. And highschool really isn't all that scary. There is lots of online things that will help. Plus check into seeing if your son can take some classes in public schools. Out here, if the children take the yearly tests, they can take classes (like science, pe, etc...) at the school. Like I said, there is always options. Oh, and find lots of mom's in your homeschool group that have taught children through highschool, they are invaluable. :)
ReplyDeleteI think the idea of highschool is just scary and once I get started and see that it can work, then I will relax. I hope! All those things you mentioned are on my radar. I really just need the LORD to calm my anxious heart.
DeleteThat bookshelf is amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am so happy to have the grill gone. I really did not think the landlord would go for the shelf idea! :-)
DeleteWow, 56 days left! We're happy to have almost finished week 19.
ReplyDeleteYou'll do well with high school. I've reviewed a lot of useful books and curricula that might help you out. The big thing is to keep track of all the books, texts, field trips, and marks.
Besides, you've got summer to look forward to first!
Annie Kate
Wow, I love that shelf! Very nice, and I love that it's out of the way!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I love watching the raindrops "race". :-D Unfortunately we don't drive in the rain very often..... Thanks for stopping by!
A weekend! Let's go camping! Or someday soon...
ReplyDelete