Friday, December 2, 2011

This Week At Home, This Week & Last , Part Two

Time for this week, now!

Monday found me feeling pretty congested and on the couch in the afternoon.  I did get the kids to gym and the library.  Thankfully dance is over until the first of the year.  I picked up a copy of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the library.

My main goal after lessons was to get the laundry under control and to make dinner.  I managed both.  Plus, I read another Laura Ingall's Wilder book, By the Shores of Silver Lake.  There is nothing like a good book when you are under the weather.  I picked up a copy of Little Town on the Prairie, too for when I finish that book. 

Going to gym class. 
Tuesday we were able to keep our minds on our lessons despite the talk of a snow storm coming.  We watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers after lessons.  I started to feel much better after a quiet afternoon of laying on the couch.  I made us a yummy homemade pizza dinner.  The laundry was all caught up, too.

Wednesday was a historic day for our family. Both Trevor and Grace were baptized!  I am sorry that I did not get their testimonies on video, but I did get the actual baptisms.  20 children were baptized, all the fruit of AWANA.  Grace was baptized by one of the leaders of AWANA.  He has known Grace for a long time. 





I cry each time I watch these!

Thursday I took a walk with a good friend in the 22 degree weather.  Brisk!  Then the kids and I went to the grocery stores.  The house was suffering from "dropping syndrome."  You know, "dropping syndrome" is when everything is dropped where it falls and stays there for several days.  I lost steam in the afternoon, though.  I did not get as much done with school as I hoped.  I had to take a nap!  We will make up for it tomorrow.  One fun thing was going Christmas shopping in the evening while the kids were at karate. I am glad that we are about done with shopping. 

Friday is finally here!  We must finish our lessons in the morning.  In the afternoon we'll spend a little time getting ready for flock group, meeting here. 

This weekend, we may go to Christmas on the Prairie.  It depends on the weather.  Sunday we get to go to a special Christmas concert in the evening with Keith and Kristyn Getty!  My mom and I got to hear them in Chicago a couple years ago.  I can't wait!

Happy Weekend to you!
~Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn, I burst into tears too after Grace's baptism and what an honor to have Jeff preform the baptism of Trevor. I like how everyone shouted "Hallelujah!" :). Was that your pastor baptizing Grace? So was that during chapel time at Awana? About how many were baptized? Sweet memories! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baptisms are so sweet. What a blessing to be sure.

    Sounds like a good week overall. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a fun, blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on baptism for Grace and Trevor! What a great ministry there.
    Glad you were able to accomplish so much while not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a special time with both Grace and Trevor getting baptized :) and you've got video to! Glad to hear you are feeling better and I really enjoyed checking out your other blog. I struggle with the same issues and I actully was just going over some of my cookbooks trying to make new meal plans up to get back on track again. I was doing really well until igot sick this summer but I'm going to get back on the horse in the new year :) I'm going to read more of your posts for inspiration *grin*. Happy Son~day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I can image the beautiful touching moment of the baptisms. Warms a mother's heart!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails