Monday, December 5, 2011

Hey, hey! It's Monday!


Happy Monday to you!  Yes, it is Monday and yes, it is raining, but I am feeling back to normal and that is cause to celebrate!  I am praying that we can escape the next few weeks, germ free. 

Today, we have our normal chores of school and laundry to get through.  It should not be too bad.  I also have to remember to thaw some chicken for dinner.  Maybe I should do that right now so I do not forget!  Be right back... 


This past weekend we found time to hang out around home.  We got our Christmas decorations all put around as we like them.  Jeff did some more winterizing of the house.  He put up some plastic on a few of the leakiest windows.  That just leaves the back door to do. It is especially leaky, but I don't want to loose access to it completely, because I feed the Blue Jays peanuts from that door every morning.  And we all know how much I love my birdies!  So, we will have to work something out. 

We finally ordered our Christmas cards.  We took a nice family photo,too.  I will post it after I send it out so that the dears who read this blog will be surprised.  The whole process took very little time.  I wonder why I make such a big deal about it in my mind. 

Sunday was a great day, although I knew the day would fly.  We had a time of beautiful worship in the morning.  We came home for lunch and a couple hours of R&R.  We made a second trip to drop off Trevor for choir rehearsal, then home for a quick dinner and back to church to pick up Trevor and then to stand in line for the Getty concert.  The concert was another time of delightful worship to our King! 


So, here I am.  It's Monday and I am full of joy for the coming week.  There will be plenty to do, but all of it will be done with pleasure. 
~Jenn 

9 comments:

  1. Jenn,

    I totally relate how we make things "big" in our minds and they really don't take that much time at all as I would have expected.

    It will be a week of Joy. I am claiming it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the big deal about something so easy. I have not done our Christmas card pictures yet, waiting for Dad to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are in a great mood. Glad your weekend was such a blessing. We all need those from time to time, don't we? I can't wait to see your family photo. I understand about not putting it on your blog yet. I have to wait to put ours out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just insulated our windows, too. ;-)

    I still have to order our cards. I did get around to taking a photo finally though. (Why is it so hard to get 4 kids to look at a camera and smile at the same time?)

    i can't wait to see your photo. I'll bet it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenn. Well, it's about 7:30 there now, and it looks like it's STILL raining. I never knew Indy. was so rainy until I met you. Just think if all that was snow. Jeff JUST put plastic over our patio door...I was hoping he would forget... the cats don't understand that they can't come in that way during the winter and then I have to go through the garage and outside around the corner and call them through the garage...such a hassle. Plus I feel more claustrophobic & consider it more of a fire hazzard if a potential exit is sealed off, so in this case, I'd rather have a draft. Anywho, I don't think I'm going to do the annual Christmas Letter this year. This will be only the second time in the 18 yrs. we have been married that I haven't done one...people will wonder, but I'm not caring too much this year. Have a good week my freind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did Kristyn take off her shoes during the concert?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Kristyn did take off her shoes, which was smart as she was wearing very high heels and I am sure they were not too comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just seems weird to me, it doesn't seem like her to be barefoot on stage...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're feeling better! I've got to decide about Christmas cards, too. One more thing, but I'll try to do it with joy like you said.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails