Monday 11/21 We had a complete day of lessons along with homeschool gym and dance. We packed away our school books at the end of the day and did not look back! :-)
Tuesday 11/22 The youngest two and I went off to get groceries as soon as Aldi and Trader Joe were open to hopefully beat the crowds. We were successful. I also made the Thanksgiving banner and we put away as much stuff as possible.
Wednesday 11/23 Today I was on my feet all day making ahead the side dishes that I was able to make. Plus, Jeff was off at noon, which made us have a festive spirit. We set up the big table in the dining room.
Thursday 11/24 Happy Thanksgiving! 12 of us gathered around to share a meal of thankfulness. It was a happy day. It also happened to be my brother-in-law's birthday. Grace headed up the Christmas tree decorating that evening.
Friday 11/25 Jeff was off again. We took a lovely, brisk walk at the park. Then we went to the hardware store, a small local one, to get caulking. We also went to the library. No Black Friday shopping for us. Grace spent the night with Nana and Grandaddy. Nana took her to the Children's Museum.
Saturday 11/26 I spent most of the day reading Laura Ingall's Wilder's The Long Winter, trying to beat a cold that I felt coming on. Jeff and the boys did some target shooting in the back yard with BB guns. He also took a LONG bike ride to beat the coming wind and weather.
Sunday 11/27 A normal Sunday for us with church in the morning, except no choir practice in the evening. We watched Oklahoma for something fun in the evening. I think the boys still like Star Trek a lot more. By this time, I had a sore throat and was feeling kind of bad.
Stay tuned for part two coming on Friday!
~Jenn
First off the table and decorations was beautiful. Sounds like a great week minus the yucky cold part. I haven't seen Oklahoma in a long time. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely week, and a full Thanksgiving dining room. You're making me think I need to re-read LIW's series.... good winter read beginning January, I think. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely rest-of-week!
xxx
Happy Thanksgiving season Jenn. I'm thankful for our friendship!!! Isn't it fun when hubby can come home early & the festivites can begin. What a nice table (and plate). I love turkey & mashed potatoes...one of my favorite meals of all times. Nothing beats good home cooking! Nice Christmas tree. We always wait until after Dec. 1 to put ours up as Dec. 1 is my Jeff's birthday....but this year Amber is voting to not putting up a tree, so we will see... I don't care, we will see if Jeff is okay with that. We have been using the same fake tree for many years, which use to look lovely, but is starting to show it's age, and I was debating to drag that thing out anymore anyways. Perhaps just putting up a nice REAL garland and hang some favorite ornaments from it. I've also always wanted to have a nice little pine tree on each side of our front door, I think the look is so pretty, but who would see it outside of us??? I better decide quick before Christmas is over, teehe.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great week except for the cold.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week. I love your tree, very pretty. And that picture of Grace is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh sounds like a lovely thanksgiving. And I am so sorry your were under the weather. Pray that you had or have speeding healing. Taking your Apple Cider Vinegar??? [o= Can't wait to hear more of your goings on.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Jenn,
ReplyDeleteYour Thanksgiving table, decor, and tree are lovely! You poor thing ~ no wonder you are sick - working so hard last week. I pray that you feel better very soon. {{HUGS}}
What a lovely snapshot of your Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving seems a world away (literally) from our lifestyle in New Zealand.
ReplyDeleteYour meal looks delicious. It looks like a hot cross bun on the plate and was wondering the significance of that?
Very pretty tree, which reminds me to get our one out to put up. I feel very un-Christmasy this year. Must be due to being sidetracked with getting our house ready to sell. So will have to dig deep for some festive spirit.
Love & Blessings
Lee-Anne