Monday:
Back to our busy Mondays! This morning, while the kids were at gym class, I walked for half an hour with a friend on the track around the gym. After gym, we dropped some books off at the library, wishing we could stay, but knowing we needed to get home and get busy. Thankfully, before gym, we had read our Bible lesson and another book. That just left reading aloud from Augustus Caesar's World, math, science, and language arts. We also squeezed in lunch, did a ton of laundry, and worked on our AWANA verses. Whew!
Today, I found a fun blog that I want to share called, A Slob Comes Clean. Nony is great. She has a funny way of motivating us to keep trying.
So, I made another weekly cleaning schedule. I hope this time I can make it stick.
Monday: subdue laundry and do normal daily chores
Tuesday: linens, laundry, bathrooms
Wednesday: entry way and kitchen
(a good detailed cleaning from top to bottom)
(a good detailed cleaning from top to bottom)
Thursday: groceries and take out trash
Friday: dust, vacuum, put away school books
Tuesday:
A day at home is always a good day! It was 70 degrees today, so I opened the windows, maybe for the last time until spring. After lessons, I tackled the bathrooms. Trevor vacuumed the learning/dining areas. We all stripped our beds. I washed, dried, and folded a bunch of laundry. I also vacuumed my bedroom and managed to make a very yummy new chicken recipe in the crock pot. Grace and I peeled potatoes to make mashed potatoes, too. (I LOVE mashed potatoes. Probably my most favorite food, actually. Weird, I know.)
Wednesday:
Home again all this blustery day! The wind was strong, but the temperatures hung in the 60's most of the day, dropping into the 40's in the early evening with sprinkles. Thankfully the trees have almost lost all their leaves and so the yard is not totally recovered with those pesky critters!
It's day 4 of our return to standard time. Boy, it is dark early these days. I am not a huge fan of daylight savings. I miss the sun in the evening. I guess I get to see it earlier in the morning, so that is a benefit.
And it is waking up the kids earlier and so we are getting more done in our day. They are so funny, waking up an hour early on their own. That will probably change once they adjust to the time change. I wish it would not, though. I like getting an earlier start.
Thursday:
We did our weekly grocery shopping before lessons to beat the rainy weather coming later. I am so glad that we did, because it actually snowed a little. Nothing stuck, but it was coming down pretty fast for awhile. Grace hurried outside and was able to play in it.
It's been a good week. Lessons are going well and the house is getting in shape. Tonight, Jeff and I went to get my camera back while the kids were at karate. Seems this time they found an internal board of some sort that needed to be replaced. However, the picture quality was still blurry. The poor guy there did not have authority to call the camera a loss, so we are waiting to hear from someone soon. Really.
Friday:
Today we finish up our lessons for the week, put away our books and then get the house ready to host our first small group this evening. I've worked on the house little by little this week, so the job will not be too hard, especially with the kids pitching in. They are excited to host small group. Their friends will be coming to watch a movie and then play.
This weekend we are hoping to put up our Christmas lights outside, clean the gutters,and visit an apple orchard, if they have apples left and if it warms up enough to want to be outside. I hope you have a great weekend!
~Jenn

Hello my friend! I am getting close to finishing all I needed to get done for the craft fair. Hopefully to come around more then.
ReplyDeleteWe dislike the daylight savings too. My hubby hates leaving and coming back home in the dark. He rather get things done in the afternoon and have light then.
I sure hope you get this camera issue solved soon. ((HUGS))
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Hi, Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI love the orderly, productive picture of your week! Wanna come over and help me get back on track?
Are you doing Core 6? Familiar books to me. Hope it's going well for you all this year.
Blessings on your weekend!
Hi Jenn. Wow 70? That is amazing. It's 49 here, and I think is really, really, nice. I LOVE MASHED POTATOES TOO, I think I could eat them every day of my life if given the opportunity. And I'm not a fan of daylight savings time either. It seems like it's time to go to bed as soon as we eat supper...at 4:30! Oh, and I can't believe your camara woes...they should replace your camara with a really super deluxe one for all the trouble you have had to go through with them. They owe you.
ReplyDeleteWell, better run, I hear A LOT of shooting. Glad we are all inside.
I loved mashed potatoes too! I don't love peeling potatoes though.
ReplyDeleteOh that camera...I hope that they give you a new one. Soon.
Daylight savings time does not even work here so it is odd that we participate.
Sounds like a great week. I hope you can get a new camera soon.
ReplyDeleteLaundry...oh Laundry. Subdue is a good word to use for sure!
ReplyDeleteI hope your new schedule works for you. It looks pretty good.
ReplyDeleteWe don't really have a schedule, except that I do laundry in the evenings and weekends when electricity is cheap, and we tidy every day at 5. And then, of course, we go over the house on Saturday. When I have energy I attack a few dirty spots, and Miss 9 loves mopping! :)
It seems to work, most of the time.
I hope your camera issues will soon be resolved.
Blessings,
Annie Kate
Oooh that "slob" blog looks great. That is one area I definitely need all the help I can get. ;-)
ReplyDeleteMmmm chicken and mashed potatoes. I think I need to add that to my meal plan for the week. That sounds SO good to me right now! LOL.
Hope this week is a good one for you!
Oh dear, still camera troubles.... :(
ReplyDeleteI hope they replace what needs to be done before the holidays.
I do love mashed potatoes too. I try not to have them often but when I do - :)
Have a lovely evening.
You have also been on my heart and lately and overdue for a vist....just wanted you to know, smile...and rest in HIM!
ReplyDelete