Friday, November 4, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 42

She could never be a frumpy housewife. 

Monday:
All was going well until Trevor got stung by a wasp.  He just went out to get the mail.  A wasp must have come inside with him where it proceeded to sting him on the neck.  This was his first ever sting, so I had to keep a close eye on him.  Poor guy.  He did not want to go outside again.  Only the lure of free candy could entice him.

We did get our lessons done.  Thankfully, they were done before the drama.  Lessons this week should be good.  We have fewer distractions.  Gym and dance are off this week.  I am glad for the little break.

Star Trek meets Army guy.

Tuesday:
Today's weather was amazing!  We made a lot of progress in our lessons, especially math with Grace.  We hit a wall with long division.  There were tears.  Sobs to be exact.  Thankfully, I knew to be patient.  Grace said she is not going to have kids, just cats, so that she doesn't have to teach them math!  Perhaps that is a good plan for her, however, she still needs to learn math, so we worked on it until the tears stopped and in the end she was getting it done!  Not to brag, but Trevor says I am a good math teacher.  I do know I did not hate math in school, but it did not come easy.  I am so glad that I get this chance to learn math again.  It's scary how much I've forgotten, but seems to be coming back, just in time!

Reporting for candy duty! 
Wednesday:
We are home again today.  I love "home" days.  So, I decided to work on the leaves after lessons before some forecasted rain arrives, making the job impossible for a few days.

The maple tree in the front is finally letting go of its leaves, but if we don't stay on top of it, we will have to rake, instead of mulch the leaves with the mower.  I'm not a fan of rakes.

Anyway, I determined to get the front done today, at least.  Unfortunately, I could not start the riding mower, which is nothing new.  I should have never tried, because I ended up straining my left wrist pretty bad in the process.  Last time I got a bruise on the meaty side of that hand.  Ouch!

Ryan ended up using the push mower while Grace and Trevor raked around the tree.  I love this house, but I could live without the trees in the fall.
He's real!  He comes to eat all the suet in one sitting!

Thursday:
Our agenda today is a full one!  After a morning bike ride, I went shopping for our weekly groceries.  I got back and ate lunch before starting the dinner that we are bringing to a family from church this evening.  We also did math, reading, and Bible lessons. 

After our quick dinner, we went to see Beauty and the Beast, put on by the local Christian high school. A dear friend's son has a part in the musical.  It was just wonderful!  I had forgotten how much fun going to a play can be.  Musicals are even more fun with the singing and dancing. 

He is ten! 


Friday:
Today we will finish our lessons as yesterday was too busy to get to all of them.  Ryan has Ultimate Dodgeball tonight for 5 hours.  They'll play, eat, and pray during those hours.  He is excited.  The rest of us will hang out at home in front of the fireplace no doubt.  I need some down time!

Saturday:
We have plans to go visit my father's new homestead.  He has rabbits now.  I am going to get some good apples, too, from a little orchard near by.  Ryan is going to rescue another laptop.  There will be cousins to play with, too.  Should be a nice day. We will also be taking our camper.  It is going to spend the winter in one of his extra garage bays.  (Thank you, Dad!) 

Sunday: 
After church, I hope to take a LONG bike ride with Jeff and whoever else wants to come.  There are no other activities planned.  Yippee!

Have a great weekend!
Jenn

Note:  camera is still in the shop.  These are from either Momś iphone, Jeffś cell, or my cousinś camera!  

9 comments:

  1. Such a productive week - well done, Mother! And an extra well done on the patience with math. :)

    Have a lovely time tomorrow; sounds like a relaxing and enjoyable day.

    That woodpecker is huge!!! I haven't seen any that size around here - and what a great photo in spite of not having your camera!

    Be blessed today!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Is that a pileated woodpecker?? Maybe it's just his twin. I thought those things were very shy and did not like city/suburb environs.
    Sounds like a wonderful week! Except the sting. That was not fun. Oh, and I think you have to be stung twice to be allergic, so you will want to watch him the next time it happens. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! Those stings are yucky though. glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great week for you all. I need to get our bird feeders loaded since we already have snow and cold those birds must be hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week. Glad math is going better. I remember when Paulie was stung for the first time, I had to watch him too. Thankfully, no allergies. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics and wow thats your daughter.. she is so TALL! Beautiful.. my goodness isnt it crazy how we watch each of the children of our blogger friends grow up... sheesh makes me feel old.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn,

    Bless your son and his wasp stings. I have been in his shoes and wasps can be frightening.

    Math has never been my forte. You would have to be very patient with me if I were your student!

    The children look very happy in their costumes. I hope they hauled in a lot of candy! :)

    I pray that your wrist heals quickly.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture of Grace! And that's one big woodpecker...we have at least 2, probably more at our feeder, along with blue jays and other little misc. chickadees. I think we will be buying a lot of bird feed this winter, but they are fun to watch from the kitchen sink window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one very large woodpecker. I would say he knows just how to get his dinner! Hope you had a lovely bike ride.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails