Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Snow Is Coming


The little red weather radio announced to us this morning that we are in for a little snow, only 2 to 4 inches, but still the same, it does cause worries.  It will hit this evening during rush hour, which means, a super long, anxious trip home for my dear husband.  If only the world would stop when it snowed! 

At least my world stops when it snows.  I have no place to be today.  I have enough in the pantry to make a nice dinner.  I have plenty of hot cocoa, too.  We can watch the snow through the newly caulked front window.  No more breezes coming through now! 

I have a bit of a cold, so staying home today makes the most sense, anyway.  I had to run a bit yesterday with homeschool gym and a DVD due back at the library.  While I was there, I picked up another DVD, a favorite musical.  We'll pop that in this afternoon and snuggle in the warm blankets as we watch. Such coziness! 

We truly are blessed to be warm and snug today.  I'm sure my kids will want to be out in it tomorrow when the storm reaches it's peak.  So today is a good day to stay inside and get lessons done. 

10 comments:

  1. *gasp* You're getting SNOW??? *swoon* Oh, could you please share? :) Enjoy it, and maybe rouse yourself enough to snap a photo or two for those of us who remain snowless, yes? lol

    Feel better!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in the midwest, just watching for that snow. Sounds like a great cozy, fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love that first snow! I'm anxiously awaiting our first good snowfall. We've had 2 storms since the beginning of October that brought a little snow but nothing much.

    Enjoy the warmth of home!
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a cozy day.
    Stay warm and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny -- you getting snow & we aren't. Enjoy your cozy abode. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first snow is the best! Even this Alaskan lady can say that. Glad you were able to stay in, get that rest so you can heal. Off to TTapp right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like some nice cozy plans. We still don't have any snow, but I'm not complaining. we'll get our share soon enough. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cocoa and snow do indeed go hand in hand! We had a walk in the -13 degree snow covered day today, and came home to warm cocoa. THE BEST, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn,

    I hope your snow isn't too bad. Although it has been unseasonably warm here this week, next week the temperatures are due to drop dramatically. Snug with hot cocoa sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh to be reading about snow and winter in you neck of the woods when it is the last day of spring here. Summer tomorrow. Please stay safe and warm inside. I hope you husband is able to travel safely.

    This past winter in our part of New Zealand we experienced 2 snow storms, which was most unusual. The last time it really snowed here was 2008. Am going to post some snowy photos on my blog as part of a catch blog. I'm trying to grow lawn seed at the moment and it's predicted to rain until Sunday night!!!

    Blessings
    Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails