| The new banner that Grace and I made. |
It's just been such a beautiful day here, weather wise. Jeff and I took a brisk walk around a favorite park. Made me think about Ma from The Long Winter, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, when she said,"Get yourselves full of sunshine while you can. It will soon be winter and you'll have to stay indoors." The book goes on to say,"Out in the bright soft weather they were storing up sunshine and fresh air, in themselves, for the winter when they could not have any." That is what today was about, storing up sunshine, because the long winter is just around the corner. I hope you were able to store up sunshine, too.
~Jenn
I keep forgetting to take my bottled sunshine and I can tell it. Today was cloudy, which is great because cloudy here means a bit warmer but still, I missed the sun when we were outside today.
ReplyDeleteAwww...so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI pray that you and your family had a wonderful day of Thanksgiving.
~Tamara
We've been having lots of sunshine too. Glad you've been able to get out in it. :)
ReplyDeleteWe've been having lots of sunshine, too, Jenn. I have told my children the same thing, " Soak it up while you can! Winter is knocking at the door!" :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lisa
I love the banner! How great to spend the whole day at the library reading! I need to do that sometime. When we read The Long Winter, I cheered for joy when that train finally got through!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty mirror & Thanksgiving banner!!! It looks very festive. Yes, that's what I say about storing up sunshine...it's so gray here during the winter, I think I need one of those sunshine lamps...or maybe a tanning bed :). I always tell Jeff that I'm hibernating all winter...it works for me.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful quote! We are enjoying warm weather lately but I know it won't last much longer.
ReplyDelete