After gym, we went to my favorite lunch spot, the grocery store salad bar. Then we went to the library to drop off a DVD, avoiding the dollar a day fine. Next, we headed home to finish math.
I can't believe that fell asleep after math with two kids. Did I mention that I decided to skip my morning coffee since I'd been hitting the caffeine kind of hard the last week? Well, turns out I just don't function too well without it these days. Even with all the exercise! (Maybe because of the exercise?)
I woke myself up, made pumpkin muffins with Grace and then dashed her off to dance with a fresh brewed cup of joy in my insulated travel mug. *smile* Who cares if I cannot sleep tonight!
Pumpkin Muffins
In a mixing bowl combine: 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup of canola (or apple sauce), 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin, and 1/2 cup of Blue Agave. To that add: 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix. 350 oven for 12-15 minutes. 12 muffins. Note: this is not a really sweet recipe. The original called for 1 cup of white sugar.Tuesday: Oh what joy! We are home all day and evening, a rare treat! These days spent at home are such a huge blessing. And not to have to go out tonight is also a wonderful thing.
I started my afternoon plan. I am enjoying Flylady's missions. They are quick and easy. I don't know why I always have to make it so hard! I actually did several days worth in one day. I like working ahead! (Although, those thankless jobs will be undone before too long.)
Another thing has been on my mind that I need help with. How do you schedule yearly, monthly, weekly cleaning jobs. I am super at getting my daily things done, but the other things just happen haphazardly. I see all these nifty lists of things we "should" do yearly, monthly, weekly, but no one ever says how they schedule these jobs into their daily routine. I feel as if I am usually just treading water. Any suggestions? Maybe those things will come up as I follow Flylady for awhile.
Wednesday: Today was my birthday! I was warmly greeted by my husband with a card on top of the coffee maker. Then, my youngest two children actually got up and came down in the darkness of morning to give me their gifts! After breakfast, they went upstairs to do their math, to my amazement. The rest of the day was spent doing what I like best, school. Really. I could have taken the day off, but I love learning with my kids, so why do anything different? The evening was spent at church with the AWANA girls I am growing so fond of.
Thursday:
Home again all day. Rested a little more than usual in the afternoon as I feel like my allergies are in high gear or it could be I am getting a cold? It's nothing major, just annoying, so it is probably just allergies.
The early evening was a bit challenging as I needed to get Trevor to choir and make dinner at the same time so I could get the other two to karate 45 minutes later! Thursday is pancake night, so I leave the making of the batter to my capable daughter and I make the short trip to church with Trevor who is also dressed for going to karate right after choir practice. When I got home, Grace had mixed the batter perfectly and put away all the ingredients, and (this is the big one) had cleaned up after herself! Love that girl! I can see how having a 12 year old girl helping in the kitchen is going to come in handy.
Did I mention that Trevor's choir is going to be on TV Thanksgiving night? And that he got a small speaking part in our church's Christmas musical? No, I don't think I did. Well that all adds up to more practices, but he is happy, happy, happy! And I am too. This is his time to shine.
Friday:
In the morning we will finish up loose ends with our school work, like finishing our essays. They are writing a mystery this week. We will also do a little house tidy because we have friends coming in the afternoon to play.
I got a call that the camera is back. I hope to run over and get it this weekend. Thanks to my mom who took these pictures with her Blackberry this past weekend when the kids spent the day with her!
~Jenn



Well, Happy B-Day to you!!
ReplyDeleteJenn, looks like a great week you had. I have been fairly MIA this week as colds have run through all the blessings this week. The moose hunts are yielding no meat so far. We are freezer full right now anyway with the half of a moose in the freezer in September. My husband has a hunt in November that he can try again if Levi's hunt permit doesn't yield anything. Wow, $1 a day. I am thankful for our no fee library here, helps this forgetful woman a lot.
ReplyDeleteOh happiness...perhaps your camera is really fixed this time??? Glad you had a good birthday and did you do more this weekend for some quality celebration time?
ReplyDeleteWow, $1 library fee?? Is that just for dvd's or books too? Sounds pretty pricy if you ask me.
Enjoy your weekend my friend!
I could imagine how happy you will be when you get your camera back! [o=
ReplyDeleteI too need to get back into flylady. Thanks for the reminder. [o=
Sounds like you all are doing well. Keep up the good work!
And to have a daughter help with cooking and cleaning...what a blessing!
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Sounds like a great week. I hope it's just allergies and not a nasty cold. It's always nice when the kids can help in the kitchen. And I hope your camera is finally fixed. :)
ReplyDeleteJenn, you did have a busy week! I am going to try your pumpkin muffin recipe and substitute spelt flour for the wheat flour. I've never heard of Blue Agave before so I am guessing it is a natural sugar substitute. I will use regular sugar but should I cut it down to 3/4 a cup so it isn't so sweet?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jenn!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you had a wonderful day!
It sounds like you had a busy and productive week! :-)
I love the climbing structure that your kids are on. I wish we had more stuff like that here for the 'big kids' who still like to climb.
Those pumpkin muffins sound delicious! I'll have to give those a try.
I hope you have a good week ahead!
Michelle
Happy Birthday! May God bless this new year in your life.
ReplyDeleteHow to organize weekly etc chores? Terri Maxwell wrote Managers of their Chores, and it's a great resource. Even though we can't schedule around here (way too stressful for me, and everyone else hates it, too), we do use many principles from her books. Perhaps you could borrow it from someone.
Sending you a virtual, calorie-free chocolate cake, and going for a virtual birthday walk with you.:)
Annie Kate