Monday, October 24, 2011

Still No Camera


Saturday, we went to the store to pick up our "repaired"camera, quickly tested it out and plainly saw that the problem was not fixed, which leads me to wonder if a human being even looked at my camera.  One simple picture taken was all it took for me and the Geek Squad guy to see it was not in focus.  The note from the repair place said,"No visible damage."  OK, so they "looked" at it, but probably did nothing else!  The camera is on its way back to wherever that is, probably another country, as it takes 3 weeks round trip!  This is the third strike on this camera.  Next time it is replaced.  I am not sure I want a third camera of this make and model.  (Yes, this camera is a replacement for my first one that was unable to charge after six months.)  I've never had such problems with a camera before.  So, my baby's 10th birthday, which is this week will go unrecorded!  I guess at least we have a cell phone camera, but it is not the same.  Buyer be ware!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn I am so sorry that really stinks.

    What sort of camera was it (I'm probably going to be in the market for a new one soon,and I'd like to avoid whatever brand you've had so much trouble with.) :-(

    Happy Birthday to your 'baby' this week! (Maybe you could get a disposable film camera for the occasion?)

    God Bless,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, what a headache! I'm sorry that your camera is still not working. I hope the replacement camera works like a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I don't think I would be as calm as you are about the whole thing. So sorry it's not working. Wish you were here so I could loan you a camera. Hope you get some great pics with your phone camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole ordeal is so sad. And I suppose they will just replace with the exact same brand/model. I'd demand my money back or in-store credit to find something else -- what a lemon. Too bad you won't have a good camera for Trevor's birthday. That reminds me of the year I put black & white film in our camera for the fun of it (talking a while back) and then Christmas came & I still hadn't used up the film...all of that years' Christmas photos were in black & white. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it was even a Nikon! I am soooooooo sorry. I hope third time is a charm. ((HUGS))!

    I am hoping to get a replacement for my camera at the end of November. (depending on my craft fair sales)

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn,
    I think I would have ditched the camera long ago. I admire your patience. :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn,

    You, my dear, are one of the winners of my Cottage Giveaway. Please do drop by when you have the thyme and share your mailing address with me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that - what a bummer!!! Maybe Santa needs to pop a new camera altogether under the tree this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails