![]() |
| Indiana Dunes State Park, mid September |
Monday:
The weather is warmer for at least today and tomorrow. The kids take full advantage and play outside a lot today after lessons. I am suffering from a respiratory virus or aggravated allergies. Either way, I am congested and have a sore throat, but can keep on doing my normal things, although I was glad that today was an off day for homeschool gym. We got a full day of lessons done and then I rested in the afternoon after I got laundry done, that is.
Last week we started reading a really well written book, The Eagle of the Ninth. We are also reading Augustus Caesar's World. We started the book of Ezra, too. No gym class this and next week. Grace enjoyed her dance class this afternoon. She's trying hard to do the splits.
![]() |
| Indiana Dunes State Park |
Tuesday:
What a glorious day, weather wise! I met my friend at the park for a 45 minute sprint. Then I went to the library to pick up a DVD that I had requested, only to find it was Blu-Ray. Bummer. We don't have a Blu-Ray player. Oh well, I did find 3 other books I wanted, so it was not a wasted trip. When I got home, the kids had done their morning work by themselves. I really, really love having older kids!
Tuesday evening, we went to a small group training dinner meeting. We were given a great little book to read, Why Small Groups, edited by C. J. Mahaney. I'm really excited to see what God has in mind for our small group. We are still in the process of adding members to the remnant of our old group. I pray that we can be patient during this process which is taking longer than we expected.
Wednesday:
The windy, rainy weather is on its way this afternoon. So glad we were outside Monday and Tuesday. My throat is all better and I have more energy, just in time, for tonight is AWANA .
Serving in AWANA is a blessing, yet difficult. It is good for me to submit my desires to others and serve these dear children every week. Our club is huge and it is challenging to make sure my attitude is in line each week. The good out weighs the hard parts.
![]() |
| Prophetstown State Park |
Thursday:
Lessons in the morning. A quick tidy up before friends coming by this afternoon. The usual choir rehersal, karate, grocery shopping in the evening.
Friday:
This is the start of Trevor's birthday weekend celebration! Originally we had camping reservations and planned to go to Chicago. However, life got busy with good things at home and so we decided to cancel our trip. Now it turns out to be a smart thing because the lows this weekend will dip into the 20's and I am not sure that I want to sleep outside in that!
So we are headed to The Creation Museum on a field trip. We've never been before, so we are very excited. This trip fits in perfectly with our prehistoric sea creatures that we've been studying in science. Can't wait!
Saturday is Trevor's actual birthday and we are going to do some fun things with him and fix him his favorite foods. You only turn 10 once!
Thank you for all your kind comments about my camera woes this week. Really, I am not especially patient, but I have found that making a fuss at a store is just not my style. I will simply choose not to buy from them again. The store is allowed to have its policy. I don't have to be a customer. *smile* Not really a big loss to them either, as I am not in the market for many items. Hopefully, next time I need a camera I will be able to go to a better store. And, by the way, the pictures in this post are from Jeff's cell phone, which is a lot better than mine. I will make sure he takes lots of pictures this weekend, so all is not lost.
Have a great weekend.
~Jenn




What a wonderful upcoming weekend you have, and a big Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!! Love the photos - even on the cell phone. You always make me want to get in the van NOW and drive north. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your visit and kind words. And yes, I will try to share more in depth about the myriad of things that have been going on. I find I've missed it here, and all of you. xxx
Be blessed!
Sounds like a good week. So, did you go to the creation museum? That Prophetstown State Park looks like a farm to me, teehe. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteGlad you felt better by mid week. We will be going to the creation museum in April when we visit the lower 48. Can't wait. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week. Those pictures are very nice. Happy birthday to the birthday boy. I hope it is a blessed weekend for him. :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday to your sweet Trevor!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that your sore throat cleared-up. I'm in the midst of having a cold myself at the moment, ugh. I think my sore throat is gone, but I still feel ill. :(
ReplyDeleteI hope your son has a wonderful birthday! I'm glad that you won't be camping in below 20 degree weather either. I don't think that would be very pleasant for anyone.
The Creation Museum sounds like fun! I haven't been to a museum in a LONG time!
Anyway, your husband's camera phone takes great pictures. I especially like the last picture of the both of you. Such a cute couple! :)
Blessings!
I'd love to go that Creation Museum one day, but it's a bit of drive for us!
ReplyDeleteI liked Eagle of the Ninth...although it was a bit confusing at the beginning, but a good ending.