![]() |
| View from the hammock. |
![]() |
| Mess, view one |
![]() |
| Mess, view two |
Surprisingly, our thoughts turned to going camping AGAIN this coming weekend as the weather is going to be nice. A little voice in my heart is saying,"GO! Winter will be here before you know it and you'll be stuck inside for months." We checked our favorite parks and they are all booked up, except the non-electric. Do we really want to go that bad? (Yes, I do! But can the kids live without their gadgets? )
![]() |
| (from Tuesday's bike ride) |
Tuesday was spent doing more lessons, a little more than Monday, thankfully. This is the best day to get our lessons in, pick up the slack from yesterday, although we only missed Science.
Before lessons, Grace and I took our longest bike ride to date. My bike's chain fell off and I had never put one back on before. I was going to just walk home, but then decided to give it a try. And I did it! I was so happy not to have to walk 2 miles home, lugging a bike.
We also had our rescheduled flock group meeting in the evening. I made blueberry bran muffins for treats.
Blueberry Bran Muffins
Combine 2 cups of bran flakes with 1 and 1/2 cups of milk, until soft. To that add, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/3 cup of blue agave syrup (a natural sweetener), and 1 tsp. of salt. Mix. To that add 2 cups whole wheat flour and 5 tsp. baking powder. Mix. Fold in 2 cups of frozen wild blueberries. Spray 2 muffin tins or line with paper cups. Makes 20 muffins. I can't eek out 24, sorry, maybe you can. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 min. Time will vary as oven temperatures vary.An electric camping spot opened up at a favorite park. Should we dare? That was the question of the day. Then, "What are we thinking?",starts to roll through my mind. Maybe just a day trip to bike is really enough. We've been going pretty strong for the last few weeks, but still temptation looms!
Wednesday is always all about lessons and AWANA.
![]() |
| Love blankets drying on a line! |
Thursday we wrapped up our formal studies for the week. It is a rainy day. The two younger kids got to go to their friends' house to play this afternoon, making their day. Tonight is karate and grocery shopping. I bought myself a flour-less chocolate cake for my birthday that's coming up next week.
Friday. The big question is here. Will we go camping? No, looks like we will pass up this splendid weekend. For one thing, we are going again the end of October to celebrate our youngest's 10th birthday with a side trip to Chicago. We need to save our pennies for that trip. Secondly, we really need to be home this weekend and just enjoy being home. However, my sweet mom offered to watch the kids while Jeff and I go biking on Saturday. Thanks, Mom!
That wraps up our week. I hope you've had a wonderful week as well.
Jenn






No camping this weekend, but it looks as if we're going to an apple orchard and bike ride! Skiles Orchard open until 6. Honeycrisps sell out quickly!
ReplyDeleteJenn,
ReplyDeleteI never camped as a child. My husband did and he loves it. I am learning to love it. I do enjoy the outdoors but camping does take some getting use to.
Have a lovely bike ride!
I know whatever your weekend brings it will be a great time. I need to get my weekly review posted.
ReplyDelete1- I love your school mess pictures. We could be friends, great friends. I'll have to post school mess one day ;)
ReplyDelete2- That quilt is AMAZING. I love it to pieces.
Biking sounds like a great alternative to camping! Did you get your camera back or are these photos from the archives?
ReplyDeleteYour family must really LOVE camping! I have only been camping a few times, but not anytime recently. I'm wondering if I could "rough it" for a few days at this point in my life, ha, ha!
ReplyDeleteYour blueberry muffins sound good. Tomorrow, I am going to attempt to make an almond ring coffee cake pastry. It sounds good, but I am hoping that I don't make a disaster out of it!
Anyway, take care Dear Friend. :)
You had me in suspense the whole time whether you would camp or not, teehe, and my other question you answered about whether you were done camping for the year. And OH, you guys are soooo spoilt now with that camper...can't live without elect.??? haha
ReplyDeleteThe muffins look yummy, I'll be right over! :)
Sorry I haven't been around much. Sounds like a good week. Hope the weekend was nice too. :)
ReplyDelete