Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up Number 38

Because of being short on time, I'll end up doing two wrap-ups this week...

In my last update, I mentioned we were going camping as a family to Indiana Dunes State Park.  The weather was cool, but lovely after a small rain Friday night.  The wind was going at gale force the whole weekend though.  It amazes me how that lake can get the weather all in a tizzy.  The waves were beautiful to watch.  We had a great time as a family. 

Monday, we got back to work and I did a lot of laundry.  It took me until Wednesday to get it all done.  That was good, because I needed to start packing for our next trip by then! 

Tuesday through Thursday, we kept at our lessons pretty hard, even though, we had to say no to some really good things, like visiting Grandma.  That was a tough call.  I usually side on relationships over school work, but this week we really needed to keep our focus. 

Friday, Jeff was off and we were off back up to the dunes without kids!  We celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary hiking, biking, and enjoying a warm, sunny weekend.  I have to say it was our best ever camping trip.  Not just because we were alone, but we were able to bring our bikes for the first time and that was awesome.  It took no time to ride to the beach (as opposed to the 40 minute round trip walk) to see the sunset or just to watch a slow moving barge.  The lake was as quiet as a mouse this weekend.  (We need a bike rack!)

And now it is Monday again, but I'll tell you about this week in a few more days. 

Until then... Jenn 

PS, my camera is back in the shop, these are from past trips. 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you had a blessed one. And yes bike racks are so handy. We don't have one but what a wonderful thing to put on the wish list. [o=

    I am looking forward to more.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that blue picture, even if it is an oldie. Glad you had a great time. We had the high winds here Thur & Friday...lost a couple more shingles...

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sounds like a wonderful trip! I love the pics of the sand dunes; they make a beach so interesting. And yes! bikes! We haven't figured out how to take ours with our pop-up--we don't have a rack on top.

    So glad you had such a refreshing time, and before the weather changes. Will this be your last camping trip for the year? Mountains here got a big dump of first snow this weekend so our season is done.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 17 years! We just celebrated 17 years too!
    I love the sunset picture. How fun to get away two weekends in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Bikes, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. What a wonderful way to celebrate!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!
    Your photos are so lovely! The blue one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I still love the pictures. Even Paul was enjoying them and we started reminiscing about when we went there. :) So glad you had a couple of great camping trips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos! Don't you wish sometimes that you could just leave this normal life behind and stay at the peaceful dunes forevermore? That is how I feel today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn,

    A very happy belated anniversary! Your trip sounds wonderful. We all need that special time alone.

    Have a lovely Tuesday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful area! I'm sorry to hear that your camera is still not working! I hope it is fixed soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray that your camera will be fixed :)

    We haven't gotten much school in between illness and our vacation, but like you mentioned, I do tend to cherish the relationship aspect and we did enjoy spending some quality family time despite the ickie sickness. I pray that it won't be a precursor the rest of the year.

    So glad that you had a wonderful time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your husband. I hear you on the laundry!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails