| Image source: Grapicsfairy |
And I thought we were busy last week! (Ha!) Adding two new ministries, one we were not really looking to add, although are very glad to take on, has increased our busyness a bit more.
Saturday: Took a day trip to a favorite state park. Had a picnic in the rain. Although, the rest of the time was just lovely. Unfortunately I lost all of the pictures that I took. They all had errors!!!
![]() |
| Image source: Wikitravel |
Sunday: I must include Sunday details because it is quite essential to this tale of busyness. Trevor was called to be at church at 6:45AM as his children's choir (a new activity this year) was to sing for the first time in our new sanctuary. At 7:30, I arrived with a fresh from the oven egg casserole and helped to serve breakfast to 88 little dear children in between the first and second service. We left church at 11:45.
![]() |
| Image source: aspengroup.com |
Monday: After gym class and lessons, we attended the funeral of a dear friend's father. Then Jeff and I met with a leader from our church and accepted the call to take over leadership of our small group. *gulp* From there, we escorted Grace to dance. What a busy and emotionally charged day!
Tuesday: More lessons in the morning and then we went to visit new friends whom we met via the children's choir. We discovered that these dear people only live only .5 miles away and they are homeschoolers! *happy dance time*
Wednesday: Lessons in the morning and early afternoon. Went to another invigorating night of AWANA, which is such an opportunity for me to grow in love for others.
Thursday: Finished up most of our week's lessons. Then our new friends came by for more fun. I am hoping we can get the kids together often. They seem agreeable. Thursday evening we dropped the kids at martial arts and then ran to two stores. We also started to load the pop-up camper for this weekend's trip.
Friday: Today, I'll make a quick morning trip to Target after walking with my friend, the kids will finish their writing assignments, and we will make a quick trip to drop off books at the library to avoid fines. Then this afternoon we are off to the lake for a cool weekend of camping. By cool, I mean lows in the 30's and highs in the upper 50's. *Brr* I hope the sun comes out! We'll just have to keep warm walking up and down sand dunes.
| Killer on the legs! |
As for lessons...
We continue to study ancient history. We got up to the rise of the Roman Empire this week. The kids wrote essays with the emphasis being on using transitional phrases. Science did not get my full attention this week. I wanted to do an experiment that is a week overdue. I will have to get to it next week. Older son kept up with his lessons, mostly on his own. I have been writing a lesson plan for him and he is keeping track of it by himself, mostly. I do have to "inspect what I expect" for sometimes he takes short cuts. He is very much enjoying Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I need to find more books like this.
That is the summary of our week. Next week won't be much better as it ends in our anniversary trip and I will also be trying to visit my grandma, too. I may just have to call a fall break on school.
I hope to be around to visit you all soon! Have a great weekend.
Jenn


Wow, it does sound like you have added to your already busy schedule. Hope you still can find a few moments to blog.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend camping trip!!!
Are you going to the same cabin this year as last for your Anniv. trip?
It's always fun to meet new homeschoolers. We have a new family at our small church that are homeschooling! I hope you have a great anniversary trip!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are keeping you busy. I hope you have a great camping trip this weekend. And what a bummer about your camera. I would be quite upset by now. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteAww...I'm sorry about your camera :(
ReplyDeleteMay you be blessed in being leaders of a small group. I'm sure that you will be a blessing to others.
May you have a lovely anniversary trip! We will be taking ours soon, too! My little one and I are sick right now and I'm hoping to feel better soon and be able to get things in order.
I am winded just reading this post! My you had a fruitful week. I hope you are having a restful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that your camera is still having problems. I hope someone can fix it for you soon.
ReplyDeleteIs your small group at your home? Ours meets every other week at someone else's home. What are you studying? We are going through Romans.
Blessings
Wow you got lots on the go and think about. You are so blessed to have such good friends close by. I pray blessings as you continue your school year. Sounds like you are doing very well at staying on track.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary