Friday, September 16, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 35

As my camera is going to be in the shop for the next three weeks, I thought I'd dip into the archives to "decorate" my posts.

Boy, do I feel old! Just a mere 4.5 years ago... They were little. Now, they are BIG!!! *sigh*
Trevor, age 5
But let's talk about this week, the here and now. What else do we have? 

The weather went from a high of 90 to a low of 43 in one day. Since then, the weather has been very fallish, a welcome change for sure.Although, I realized that I forgot to spend some time on my hammock, so I will be looking forward to that soon.
9 years old!
We got 4 solid days of school work done, despite some of life's interruptions.  I must be growing because interruptions did not send me into a fit of muttering.  I did have to bite my tongue, quite a few times.  However, that is nothing unusual, unfortunately! 

7 years old. 
With the change of weather came the discovery that most of us need "new" warmer clothes. Plus shoes.  Our clothing budget took a huge hit this week, even with shopping at Good Will, using a 20% off at Kohl's, and free shipping at Lands End for those items we were not able to find otherwise, namely husky sized pants.  Thankfully, no one needs a new winter coat.  That is a miracle.  Now as for winter boots, that is another story.  I will have to start looking soon.  All 3 of the kids are in adults shoe sizes, so they are not cheap. Take it all to Him in prayer, comes to my mind... 

Here are some of the highlights from our week:
  • Friends visited us on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday! 
  • Got hugs from our favorite AZ Grands who are in town for a family funeral.  The funeral was a beautiful celebration of homegoing. 
  • Found gold at the library.  
  • Jeff got through a difficult tax deadline, working extra hours on top of teaching highschoolers at AWANA.
  • Grace finally passed her challenge in AWANA!  
A rare one of me! 

This weekend we are visiting with more family.  And our church family is moving into our new building. As always, I thank you for taking time to read. 

Jenn

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh thank you for being faithful with your weekly updates. I am going to start doing one again this coming week. I am ready to start doing one again.

    The weather dropped fast here too! I am actually wearing a wool sweater and sock in the mornings, lol. I am not ready to light a fire...yet. But very soon I think. After reading what you had to buy clothes wise I think we are going to be the same. I haven't even thought it till now. ((eyes bugging out)) I have been focused on food and getting through the craft fair so far. I need to talk to hubby asap.

    YEAH for ALL your successes! ((Happy dancing)) for you. [o=


    I only have to make juice now. It is heating up right now and then it has to steep like tea. Than tomorrow it will sweeten it and can it. I am almost there! Thank you SOOOOOO much for your prayers. I can for sure tell you lifted them. And it blessed me more than you can imagine. ((((((((HUGS))))))))))

    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC!
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo of you Jenn, but now your hair is longer, right? We hit fall in a week too and I'm mighty cold sitting out in the garage for our sale. Glad when it's over - I think I'll wash dishes in steaming water...that should warm me up. A new church building? An addition or a whole new facility elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'older' pics -(and the one of you, too!)

    We had plenty of interruptions this week as well - and I think we'll be doing a bit of homework this weekend. That's okay with the chill in the air it makes me want to settle in and get cozy.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate on the clothes. Unfortuantly, this is the year all 3 kids needs coats, shoes, and clothes. Including me. Well, I need clothes and new boots. Ugh! I love Goodwill. It is a blessing to me.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do any of the sports stores near you have fall clearance sales? The big outdoor "outfitters" up here clearance all of last year's stuff before they bring in the new. I wish I had known you needed boots. I got winter boots rated at -40F for $4 a pair for Hubs and I at the clearance sale a few weeks ago. They are kinda ugly, but were originally $89. I can do ugly for $4 snow boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you sprinkled your post with older pictures of the kids and yourself! They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good week. I'm trying to make it around and say hi to everyone. Hope this week is going well for you too. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Jenn! That fall weather sounds great while it's still in the 90's here in Texas. I laughingly read through your thoughts about the clothes, the interruptions, and yes, even the biting of the tongue, and thought, "Wow! I could have written this post!" That is, minus the fact about needing new coats! We're headed to St. Louis for a few days next month, and it occurs to me that the kids are going to have to layer up since my oldest has needed a winter coat for a while now. It just doesn't get cold enough, long enough, for me to make it a priority to spend the money. I'm getting there.

    Love the gift for your son from grandad! I'm getting a new laptop soon which might wind up being our dd's gift in time.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails