Thursday, September 1, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 33

Look at what a little fertilizer can do! 
It's been another great week.  We got a whole 5 days of our curriculum done in 4 days.  At the end of today, we were back to full speed.  The kids were pushed and did a brilliant job.  Our ancient world studies are in a groove. 

Mr. Math
Quite unexpectedly, I discovered that my youngest was B-O-R-E-D with his current math program, which is a full grade level higher.  So, he happily went back to Math U See, Epsilon.  He even wrote his weekly essay about why he likes MUS.  He says it is more challenging.  (That makes for one happy mama.)
13.5, almost
Mr. Teen stumbled onto something involving math as well.  He is doing MUS Pre Algebra, on his own.  He has been breezing through at a brisk pace.  He reached lesson 16 and discovered something interesting, Honors questions.  He'd been skipping the Honors questions, not that I had really expected him to do those, but when he noticed one that looked interesting, he went ahead and did it on his own for FUN.  (Non-math people, gasp!)  Now, he wants to go back and do them all.  This is great!  Stretch that curriculum a little, I say! 
Studying hard. 
The only person struggling this week is my sweet girl.  She has reached a review section in her AWANA book that is giving her trouble.  She has over 7 verses to say at once, plus the "questions" that go with the verses.  She will get only 2 helps.  Poor thing spent an hour and half yesterday in tears as we "drew" each verse. 
My baby. 
My baby is having a good week.  Although, we kicked her out of our room at night again.  She doesn't like that much. 

As for me, well, I am enjoying the simple pleasures that come my way, like hanging clothes on a line, eating apples from the farm market, having friends over for dinner, getting ready to go back to my lake. 

Ah, my lake!  Six weeks since I last laid eyes on it.  I'll be doing more than just looking at the pretty blue water.  I will be walking up and down those sand dunes as much as possible.  I do hope that the predicted rains for Saturday are minimal. 

I'll be super busy tomorrow getting packed for our trip.  I promise to visit y'all as time allows. 

~Jenn

9 comments:

  1. Jenn,

    Hanging clothes out on a line is a simple pleasure!

    Your children look so studious yet happy! :)

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspirational! It was so nice to read and ponder your previous post, too.

    I always enjoy finishing 5 days of school in 4, too!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh have lots of fun at your lake and I will be enjoying the lakes up at the lodge. I too got to get really moving so I can do all that I need to do. So much to do and so little time to do it.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that your boys (or should I say, young men :), are enjoying math. I used to like math, but not so much anymore. I think I stopped liking it when I got to Calculus, although Pre-Calculus wasn't exactly a joy either, even though I got an "A" in that class.

    I'm sorry to hear your daughter is struggling. Tears are always a sign of frustration. I pray that she doesn't give up. Just keep encouraging her mom to keep going and not give-up on herself.

    The lake sounds lovely. I'd really like to take a walk along the beach sometime soon. However, I don't know when that is going to happen. Ugh!

    Anyway, take care, and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What studious students you have!
    And yes, I had to stifle a gasp at your math-gifted-son wanting to do one of the harder math problems for fun. Oh my!
    It's been too hot here to hang clothes but we're getting a cold front on Sunday (highs in the upper eighties) and that may inspire and motivate me to get back outdoors :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for Grace's troubles. That is always so hard. Praying she gets things worked out. And the lake sounds like fun. Hope you are having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely week, altogether. And oh--the prospect of the lake! That will help with any fall doldrums, I'm sure. Is that just a day-trip or will you be camping?

    Nice to hear how your kids are doing with their school. I'm a non-math person that can't imagine doing it for FUN...though I have a dear friend who literally works problems for entertainment. Fortunately for us, she's a back-up for us when we hit the wall. :-)

    Blessings on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are going swimmingly in your school and the boys are excelling in math. We start this coming Wednesday and the girls are excited -- I hope it meets up to their expectations. And the infamous geranium sure is doing swell! I hope you are having a great trip -- "see" you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the joy of getting so much done in such short time ... and always a joy to meet another homeschool momma,

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

    Splashin',
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails