Friday, September 23, 2011

This Week At Home, No.36

First of all, today is a very special day!  Happy birthday to my dear daddy!  I love you and will be calling you today...  

Another very full week around here...still no camera.  These are from my cell. 

Abbey Cat
We have had a very active social calendar this week. Normally that wears me out, but perhaps because I am getting stronger, I am not so tired.  Here are some highlights...

Monday evening we enjoyed dinner with new friends. That's very cool. It's been a long time since we've made new friends. 

Tuesday we made a quick trip to the library after lunch.  We needed some new science books.  In the evening, I went to my bunco group. I am starting to wonder if I will continue next year.  It's only one night a month, but I'd really rather just be home. 

Flowers from a friend. 
Wednesday afternoon we had lunch with dear family members who were in town for the funeral last week.  They took us to Red Robin.  I love their turkey burgers! 


In the evening was AWANA for most of the family. (Our oldest went to youth group.)  In AWANA, we got to have our large group time in the new chapel room at church, which was exciting.  One of my girls brought a visitor.  I love sharing the Good News with new children!  Everyone said lots of sections.  The sixth grade girls got to play a basket ball elimination game outside! 

Thursday, Trevor had choir rehearsal at 6PM, as his group sings on Sunday, first time in the new sanctuary. Grace and Ryan went to judo. Jeff and I went grocery shopping.
Just a pretty day. 

Friday, the kids and I will go to the mall in the morning.  I so dislike shopping at a mall, so this was a very rare trip.  I only made the trip because Sears has husky sizes. And my boy needs a new white shirt to wear when he sings.  I could not find one at Good Will last week. 

In the evening, we were to meet with our flock group, but that just got cancelled, so we will probably relax while watching some of this....

Do you see who is sitting in the captain's chair? 

This weekend we are going to Prophetstown State Park to visit their historic living history farm and walk a trail through the restored prairie.  It's an Indiana History field trip!  Just hope it doesn't rain.  I hope to buy some produce at their farm store.  We will also enjoy some much needed quiet time at home this weekend.  
Boys on laptops. 

As far as school goes, the week has gone pretty well.  It was a challenge to get everything that I wanted to get done, but once again, we kept up with our curriculum, managing to get 5 days of reading done in 4.

It was also fun to "show off" our work to visiting grandparents.  The notebooking journals make it easy to convey what we are learning to others. And they are a good record for ourselves as well.  Wish we'd done these long ago! 

The kids wrote comparison and contrast essays.  It is getting easier for them to write.  Grace is even less timid about using the computer in the process. 
On our way to dance class, last week. 

We are enjoying our study of Ancient Greece. Grace has been making paper dolls and Trevor is designing paper battle fields.  Boys love all the war.  *shaking my head* 

We began our study of aquatic herps (sea turtles and the like.) I really like sea turtles!  I need to find a good DVD at the library about them.

So, there you have our week.  Yes, it is very full.  And, I do crave down time at  home as a family, which is so important. However, I feel as if we are doing OK.  If my children were not home with me all day long, every day, I would certainly NOT allow so much into our evenings.

How's your week gone?

~Jenn

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great family week Jenn. Glad you could share some photos one way or the other. Funny Star Trek photo.

    I think I'll do a weekly review this week too, but not sure if I'll get it up today.

    Have a super weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week! You truly are inspiring with all that you do :)

    It's too funny...as I was reading your Bunco night, I immediately thought, "aww, I miss my Bunco nights" and then you mentioned that comforting statement that you want to be at home.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a good week. Glad things are going so well and that you are getting things done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,

    Your week sounds very busy but in a good way! :)

    I am not sure I've ever played Bunco before. Is it a card game?

    Have a lovely evening,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy, learning-filled week! :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails