Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Time for Another Little Chat

Working on improving my skill. 
Once again, there is a wonderfully quiet start to our week.  Mondays and Tuesdays are going to be like this until after Labor Day weekend, when we add homeschool gym and dance class back into the mix.  Then Tuesday will be our lone quiet day.  (I'd better not even think of changing that!)

So far I continue to be pleased with how things are going.  The kids are pitching in more and more, trying to keep the house a little more under control.  It's nowhere perfect, mind you.  I am trying to give them more authority over areas of the house.  I want them to take ownership, little baby steps to independence. 

We've been having cooler mornings, which makes us want to go outside before we start our lessons.  A later start is no matter on a quiet day.  Oh, how I love that freedom to just allow for a natural progression to our day.  No demands on our time except to do what is next. 


I look forward to taking some time soon to rest on my hammock.  Perhaps we will have our reading time outside after lunch.  Although, after lunch, the sun is in full force and it is not as pleasant to be outside. 

I read today from Romans 15 that God is the God of endurance and encouragement.  I so need endurance and encouragement!  I pray that you will have all the grace you need to face your day.

~Jenn 

5 comments:

  1. Am looking forward to slowing down and starting school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    We have had a bit of cooler weather too and I am loving it! :) Your Tuesday sounds so peaceful.

    Blessings,
    Gina

    PS Please drop by for a delightful announcement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly closed my eyes and pictured me swinging in a cool early Autumn breeze lying in a hammock. I found it very encouraging...

    Blessings to you Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're enjoying some cooler mornings here too. It was 59 this morning! Very nice picture of the house. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad things are going well, and that picture is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails