Friday, August 19, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 31

What a full week we've had!

Monday through Wednesday, we were back to lessons, working hard. The days were filled with books, warm sunshine, laundry hanging in the breeze, and taking care of the house.

I noticed a change in the 2 younger kids.  They were initiating note taking during science.  They seemed more "on board" with our lessons.  And, there is an answer to prayer in the works as to my issues that I mentioned earlier in the week. 

Mad about science. 

Wednesday evening, Jeff and I attended our church's AWANA meeting for workers. He is the director of high school this year. I am a leader in 5th and 6th grade girls. I am rather nervous because there is so much paperwork to learn!  I have an all day of training coming up, but we start with kids next week and I am trying not to freak out. 

My good looking cowboy! 

Thursday, Grandma came down for a visit. We went to Pizza Hut for lunch, a total favorite with the kids. Then we spent hours at our favorite living history museum. I really love walking around the grounds, talking to the costumed interpreters and just being open to learning new things. I always learn something new.

Thursday evening, the uncle joined us for a nice family BBQ. And we took oldest son to karate, because he does not miss karate for anything.

These sheep reminded me of my cat. 
Today, Friday, I am meeting a friend to go walking this morning. We have to get a birthday gift for a party the boys are attending this evening. It's a sleep over, too. I also need to get groceries.

"Gentle women don't ride astride." A favorite quote from Felicity. 
And this weekend will be very busy, too. Saturday morning, we are taking Grace to a farmer's market before we have to go get the boys. Sunday we have church and 2 other church meetings to attend, plus Trevor begins choir in the evening.

I'd be a little upset with all this running if we did not live a mile from church and if my kids were not home with me all day, everyday. These programs enrich their lives so much and it is such a short season of my life.

I hope you all have a great weekend, too.  Only two weeks until our next camping trip.  I can't wait!  
~Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Funny, Ryan doesn't look like a MAD scientist. haha Love the quote too and wow, you are busy. Have a fun day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week and fun weekend coming up. The pictures are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun science experiment! We live a mile from our church too. Nice with gas prices being so high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenn..a very busy week! Thanks for sharing...love the photos. :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome homeschool week! You can tell from reading your posts that you love homeschooling :)

    Many blessings on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails