Friday, August 5, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 29

We had a full week, as usual.  Not only did we start school, but we managed to enjoy ourselves along the way.  :-) 


The highlight of our week came yesterday, when Grandma came for a visit.  Once a year, she takes the kids to a ceramic store and lunch at Pizza Hut.  The kids very much enjoy this excursion and look forward to the painting and creative process. 



I will post their creations next week when they are ready for pick-up.  After eating and painting, we stopped in the library, bumping into friends, which is always nice.  Then we came home, watched an episode of Star Trek before going to Archery.  There we ran into more friends who were running cross country in the 90+ heat.  Back at home, we rushed around to get our grill ready to go and found out that the gas tank was empty.  If the new gauge had been working, we'd have known that fact!  However, it all turned out OK and we enjoyed a nice family dinner with Grandma and the kids' uncle. 

Next week we add karate back into the mix.  The following week we all go back to AWANA.  Dance is taking a little break, but will be back in September, when we also start homeschool gym.  And Trevor is going to be in the children's choir at church at some point.

Back to busy, here we come! 

11 comments:

  1. So many exciting things going on in your neck of the woods! I am sure the kids are loving it. I think I will have to look into some extra curricular things for this year. We really backed away and maybe if we find something that fits our family then just maybe. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a place like this but it shut down after the girls got to go one time. Looking forward to seeing their finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun! Did I tell you that my mom & her sister use to have a ceramic business that they ran in our basement? And even now, she owns a kiln...why? I don't know! Boy, all your activities start up early...when do the Indy. public schools start up again? Most things in MN don't start up until after Labor Day and our churches AWANA always starts late...and then we end late too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good start to your week. Glad things went so well. The ceramics place sounds fun. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! My mom paints china and the kids always paint something when we go to visit. My cupboards are overflowing with coffee mugs, tiles and other miscellaneous things. But they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so busy! I love how you get so much accomplished and have such special family times and fun. My girls miss having their ceramics class.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you definitely have the year's activities planned! For us it's looking like it will be a quiet one, which is good. Maybe we will get school done this year! :)

    We're nice and cool today, with rain. Wishing for it to go your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always doing something fun and exciting in your family. I LOVE it! I don't see where you get your energy though. :)

    The ceramic painting looks like fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your children's finished projects. :)

    Take care Dear Friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun stuff! We are jumping in to our new school year next week. I think you start back to Awana the same week we do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like your kids had a great time making memories!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is nice seeing these kids very busy with their stuff. Your blog was cool and cute. You really did an awesome post. I love it. Big thanks and please continue sharing fabulous piece.


    Charles A

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails