 |
| Happy Independence Day! |
I'm declaring independence from consumerism today! Here's how I did it this past week:
- Got a Kohl's 30% off coupon in the mail. Asked myself,"What do we need?" The answer was, "Nothing!" So, I did not use it. Probably saved $100! That is usually what I spend when we get one of those 30% off deals.
- Signed up for Direct TV with a DVR. Changed our 2 at a time Netflix to the monthly $5 plan with free unlimited instant streaming. Waited a few days, decided to cancel the Direct TV order before they came out. (Thankfully it was a couple weeks before they could work us in.) Now I am saving not only my children's brains, but we are ahead with the Netflix! I feel brilliant! (Sorry about ESPN, Honey.) **We did purchase a better quality digital antennae hoping to come out ahead in the end.
- Swimming with friends at their neighborhood pool. Free & get socialization for my homeschool kids, a bonus. *wink*
- My husband is working at a client's office this week and next. It's only 10 minutes from our house. He is saving money on gas! Money we can use to buy gas going up north this weekend.
- Reading my favorite magazines at the library this week saved me a little money and I don't have to feel guilty about magazines laying around.
- Put the Duggar's new book on hold at the library and it is in! I really fought the urge to buy this book sight unseen. If it turns out to be a good one, I will add it to my wish list.
So, how are you saving money this week?
Super ways to save. I think resisting the urge to buy just because its on sale or I have a coupon is the best one. We love Netflix.
ReplyDeleteYep.. what a great ways. Very simple but oh so rewarding in the savings.
ReplyDeleteGood job Jenn. Yep, coupons come and go...stores have sales every week. I have made a complete change since I married and esp. since we moved to the country. I RARELY even go into stores...saves a lot of money. Books are my one weakness, but even with that, I'm using the library more and really working at just buying what I absolutely really need/want, looking at things whether they are an investment...something the girls will benefit from in the future.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good list. We really enjoy Netflix. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn