Friday, July 1, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 25

Another week has flown by.   


In my life this week …
Had two quiet days at home.  Wednesday we went swimming with friends.  Thursday was spent getting us ready for a long weekend camping at our favorite state park. We packed the camper last Sunday, which helped a lot.  All that is left to do is pack our clothes, things to do on the drive up, gather all the food, and go.  



In our {summer} homeschool this week ...
I wanted to get back on track.  My goal is for them to do math 3 times this week, continue reading, and learning through excellent life experiences like camping.  I also am thinking of how I can prepare for our return to lessons in August.  I would like to start the first week of AugustNot sure about that date now. The Principal says do two days a week in August.  I think we will shoot for that. 


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing...
Swimming with friends, going to see Grandma while camping, too many grocery stores, Bible study. 


My favorite things this week were …
  •  The cooler weather at night and sunshiny days.
  • My hammock.  I could sleep in that thing! 
  • Jeff coming home for lunch this week since he was working close to home.  
  • Lots of time at home, just doing things here.
  • Watching fledgling birds.  We have lots this summer.  They can be quite comical.  
  • Cancelling our Direct TV order.  Long story.  More later.  
  • Chatting with my dad. 
What’s working for us …Life seems to be at a good pace right now.  I know this is going to change with vacations and VBS coming soon.  Grace will be turning 12 in July, too.


Things I'm working on... Just getting us ready for camping.  VBS is coming soon.  I will be working in Trevor's class.  I need to be thinking more about our school year.  Need to order a couple of things. 


I'm reading... Just finished The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley.  This is the second time I read it.  The first time I think I just skimmed it because I got so much more out of it this time.  Worth the look for it at the library.  Basically, he is saying that you are going to end up where the path you are on leads.  Pretty simple.  He uses the lives of David and Solomon to illustrate this principle. I am still reading For the Children's Sake and going to read again Pocketfuls of Pine Cones.  I try to read it every summer.  Grace and I really enjoyed listening to These Happy Golden Years. Plus, the Duggar's new book is waiting for me to pick it up too! 


I'm cooking... as little as possible! The grill is my friend.  I would like to bake some muffins to take with us, if I have time. 

I'm grateful for...
  • Living in a country where I am free to homeschool and worship as I please.  
  • Good parks to visit.
  • Friends who pray.
  • A husband who loves me despite myself!
I’m praying for…  an unspoken need of one of my family members.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share … I just love this room's simplicity. 
Inn bedroom at Conner Prairie.
Thank you for taking the time to visit today.  Have a great weekend!  I'll be back soon with lots of pictures from Lake Michigan, Lord willing.

This post is linked to Homeschool Mother's Journal.  
    

5 comments:

  1. Hi friend!

    We are going to start our summer lessons...2 pages of math a week and the boys read to me and I read aloud to them. And after that is delight directed studies. [o=

    You are for sure in summer mode and loved hearing all about it. I need to do a summer update soon. Been very low energy but I will work on it in the next couple days.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. That room is super cozy looking. Btw, I want to read the Pocketfull of Pinecones. It is on my list.

    Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the photo of the simple bedroom. So elegant in it's simplicity. Lovely shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great time on your camping trip! Sounds like fun. You always inspire me with your goals and plans.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails