We had plenty of time at home this week to just enjoy being home. I love weeks like this. I protected my time as best I could.
| My happy place. |
In our {summer} homeschool this week ... Trevor took a math placement test, doing very well. He's going to skip 4th grade. The other two continued to work on their math. And reading is a big past time here, so more progress made there, too.
I am starting to think of things I need to do soon, like organize the new school books, buy 3 ring binders, and get organized for our new year.
| My grandpa's geranium. |
the library, swimming with Nana, visiting friends, swimming with at a state park, visiting grandparents, helping set up VBS for next week.
My favorite things this week were …
- Watching fledgling birds makes the list again. They are just so comical.
- Being home more than not.
- Having Jeff come home for lunches again this week.
- Finding good books at the library.
- Learning to borrow ebooks via the library. This way I can read more current books and ver leave home!
- Coming home to my kitty who missed me.
| The green bean patch |
Making a peaceful home. I read recently that having order around you creates order within you.
I'm reading...
The Duggar's new book. So far it is really great, but I won't be needing to buy it.
I'm cooking...
Lots of grilled meats and veggies this week. I made pumpkin muffins last week before we left. This week I plan to bake some banana muffins.
I'm grateful for...
- Libraries
- Children to nurture
- A home to tidy
- My washing machine
- Good health
- Ability to work
I’m praying for… wisdom as I parent.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share …
| Grace's sunflower she raised from a seed. |
Thank you for taking the time to visit today. Have a great weekend!
This post is linked to Homeschool Mother's Journal.
Boy, Gpa's geranium sure is doing well dispite moves too. You must have a green thumb. Nothing is more pretty than God's creation.
ReplyDeleteI still have the Christmas catus given to my mom after Dad's death 10+ yrs. ago. It's been touch & go at time whether it would survive, but it's still hanging in there.
That is so neat that you can check out ebooks, cool.
ReplyDeleteI got to take the boys for a town day and go to the library and the beach there. Maybe once/week or every other week just to see something different.
I got to get the summer lessons going this coming week. I just needed a couple of weeks off I guess. [o=
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Sounds like a great week.
ReplyDeleteI love your happy place! Looks like a nice place to nap and be refreshed!
ReplyDeleteI like Grace's sunflower. She must have a green thumb to get a flower looking so pretty as this one from a simple seed.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you and I are working on the same things at home. I've been a little more disorganized at my homestead these days, and it's not a good thing. I need to get "back on the horse," and set my priorities straight! :)
Sounds like you are having a busy summer. I'm glad that your summer homeschool is progressing well. How are your children enjoying it?
Sounds like a great week. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Wow, e-books from the library, that sounds great! We're down to one car and my husband works two jobs so we're stuck at home... too bad my library doesn't have that option yet!
ReplyDeleteI love Grace's sunflower!!! So far I have not been able to grow sunflowers in my yard. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Glad you got to spend some time at home.
ReplyDeleteLynn
Oh, I would love to have a hammock! Maybe once we get back home. May I ask what math you use? Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Marcee