Friday, June 24, 2011

This Week At Home, No. 27

Hello friends and family.  I am changing my wrap up format again.  I really enjoy reading Annie Kate's Weekly Wrap Up, so I asked it if would be OK to copy hers.  It's all about keeping it fresh, right?  :-)

In my life this week … This was a very social week for us, not to mention being "tired" from coming off of a camping trip.  Lots of laundry this week and putting away after camping.  Planned and hosted a welcome home party for my brother-in-law. 



In our {summer} homeschool this week ... Life got in the way this week.  Actually, that was just fine with me, although, I know we need to try to keep doing some math.  Reading is our strong suit.  The kids are motivated to do the summer reading program.  Visiting our local living history museum weekly is also a good way to learn informally. 
Our green bean bed. 
The first harvest!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing …Spent time with grandparents Saturday, the boys spent the day with a friend on Monday, visited my grandma on Tuesday, I attended bunco Tuesday evening, friends came over Wednesday, more extended family time on Thursday.  Such a social time of the year! 



My favorite things this week were …
  • Getting my laundry under control in one day!  (Even after camping!)
  • Sunflowers about to bloom.  
  • Visiting my sweet grandmother. 
  • Listening to These Happy Golden Years CDs with Grace
  • Cooler temperatures. 
  • Extended family time. 

    What’s working for us … Being flexible is working for us, not worrying about keeping a schedule.  Keeping the outside lawn and weeding up is a big job and the kids are pitching in with happy hearts.  The inside of the house is getting picked up and maintained, too.  It helps having company coming often.  Having a membership to our local living history museum is really working for us right now.  I forgot how much I love to go and just walk and take pictures. 

    Questions/thoughts I have …Why does summer have to end? 

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share

    A great post I just read from Generation Cedar... Are You Wasting or Living Your Life.  
    One of my favorite flowers... Hollyhocks. 


    This post is linked to The Homeschool Mother's Journal

    10 comments:

    1. What fun times and I love your sunflowers! I too had to tackle Mt. Washmore this week. ((whew)) And I didn't know they had the Little house on CD's, neat. [o= What have you all done lately at the museum? I love those kinds of places.

      I pray you have continued fun this summer.

      Blessings and ((HUGS))
      -Mary

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looking forward to a bit of summer fun this weekend with you!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love those beans--yum! Amazing you have such a beautiful crop already. I like your thoughts on being flexible. I'm having to be since nothing I plan seems to come about, but it's a great time of year to do just that.

      I'm curious...are you guys doing Core 6 this coming year? I'm eyeball deep in tweaking Core 200 for fall, getting excited again at the prospect of a new course of study. But first...summer. :-)

      Have a blessed weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your picture reminded me of how nice it would be to have hammock. Summer is such a relaxing time. Something about the fresh air makes everything seem ok! :) Visiting from THMJ.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Lovely post my dear!!! Wow, green beans and sunflowers already. We are way behind you. Actually, our green beens aren't doing much at all this year (our neighbor's aren't either), but the rest of the garden is doing okay...just late mostly due to cold, wet weather.

      You seem on top to the recouping from a weekend away thing alright. Good job!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I certainly agree with your question. WHY does summer have to end? I was originally only planning on taking June off - but I have to say...July is sounding pretty good, too. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    7. A wonderful week! We enjoy a living museum that is about an hour away. I haven't bought our memberships this year.

      Enjoy your first harvest!

      ReplyDelete
    8. You have been busy! How nice that you have family that you like and get to spend time with. I miss that sometimes. I wish I was there to taste some of those fresh beans! I'm off to read the post at Generation Cedar-one of my favorite blogs.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Sounds like a great week. I like the format, very nice. And the pictures are so cute. :)

      JoAnn

      ReplyDelete
    10. I love your question. I'm not sure why it has to end, but it's not ending for us anytime soon! :)

      We're going to have our first real vacation in years. :)

      Annie Kate

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails