Friday, June 17, 2011

This Week At Home, No. 26

Monday:
Knowing that the end of this week is going to be super busy, I purposed to make the most of this day.  So, I wrote myself a nice list.  I kept busy with things like, sweeping the deck, weeding, cutting "sucker" trees, making ice cubes, keeping the dishes and laundry going, and changing the master sheets.  I also made a nice batch of pizza dough for dinner.  And I had time to do Wii Fit this morning. Oh, and the weather is worth mentioning.  It is soooo lovely, cool and just how I like it today. 

Yes, Ryan is now taller than his Nana. 

Tuesday:
Another delightfully cool day!  I took advantage and spent an hour on the hammock reading a great book.  Oh, to have another hour just like it would be great, but the lists must be tended to.  We worked hard sweeping the huge deck, weeding, and doing laundry.  I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the upstairs bathroom.  Grandma is coming to spend the night this week, you know.
And taller than Grandma, too! 

Wednesday:
The morning started with a bang!  Lightening, thunder and heavy rain passed our way making our grocery trip more of a challenge.  Had I known it was going to pass through after lunch, I might have delayed.  No matter, it is done.  We spent the rest of the day making the house ready for guests.  It's our first cook out, since learning the burner was upside down!  Perhaps tonight the food will cook in a timely manner.
Watch out for this one! 


Thursday:
Grandma is coming!  After mowing, we walked around our favorite living history museum for 4 hours. They opened a new Civil War exhibit.  It was fun to explore.  We also watched a baby lamb being born!  Some tense moments, indeed!  Thankfully the little baby and momma are fine.  We will check on them next week.  After that excitement, we dashed home through rush hour traffic to grill chicken legs that had been marinating for 2 days.  Jeff's little cousin joined us.  I call her little, but she is almost 20! 
New recruit!


Friday:  Finishing packing and going to go brave the weather this weekend, camping.  The forecast is for scattered thunder storms both days.  Hoping they miss us, but not too optimistic. 
Camp cook. 


Saturday & Sunday:
Camping at a park 1.5 hours away.  It has a great pool.  There will be dry stretches to enjoy it and the 90 degree temperatures. 

Have a great weekend!
~Jenn

PS.  Jeff got the Magic Jack back online, but I am still not crazy about it.  I just wanted to make that note, in all fairness.  It seems to work half the time.  And it could be our computer is old.  Nonetheless (I just love that word) I am not sold. 

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a cool start to the week. I enjoyed those cooler summer days when I lived in the Lower 48! We are back to sunshine today after all week of rain. No complaining though, we really needed the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    Tee hee about the Magic Jack. Yes, old computers seem to be tempermental about many things. Before we got our new computer, our old was quite annoying in many ways.

    I hope you have a great week camping. I hope the rain misses you too, but if it doesn't, that leaves you with exciting stories to tell us on your blog when you get back. :)

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nonetheless, a good week. Glad you had a nice visit, worked out the burner problem, and I hope you have a dry weekend. How fun to watch a lamb being born. And sorry, Magic Jack working ony half the time isn't good enough...I'm not sold on their magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to have a cool day in the hammock with a book! NICE. I love seeing your dd in costume! I miss when my gals would dress up for Colonial Williamsburg.
    My how your children have grown! Precious photos with the grandparents.
    We are in the high 90s to day and still with out AC. It has been ordered and hopefully we will have it done by July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week and some fun plans this weekend. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm feeling aimless, and we need to cut sucker trees too. Thanks for the reminder. I'm waiting for a phonecall about spray for the apricot trees, and I'm waiting for the electricity cheap rate before doing laundry, and I'm waiting for the weeds to grow back in the garden....

    "Just go have fun!" my husband says. But despite all this waiting I feel as though there's too much to do. LOL

    Of course you may use my categories! They come from the Homeschool Mother's Journal that I link to.

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate
    http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails