Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Magic Jack ... Not!


Not feeling the love, Magic Jack.  You made so many promises.  You promised to fulfill my basic need to communicate economically.  You promised to be easy.  You promised!  Now it has been more than a month and I am so disappointed in you. 

You only work part of the time.  Garbling words, I hear the rest of the time.  Then, you don't work at all.  One day you just stopped recognizing me as me.  And, we've made such accommodations for you!  We have learned that you don't like to work when someone is on the computer.  You just get all fussy.  And you don't work unless MY account is signed in.  It is not enough to have the computer on as the website promises. 

When I think of the expense, money to buy you, money to buy the first year, money to buy a phone, I get angry.  My life would be so much better if I had never met you, Magic Jack.  So, what can I do?  I'm going to tell all my friends.  Be aware, friends!  If something claims to be "magic", it probably is NOT! 

12 comments:

  1. I really wondered how this worked. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, there are some men out there like that. I'm glad I ain't one of them.

    Your man,
    Magic Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for the warning. I was seriously considering this option but have been really happy with our home phone service and despite the costs, didn't want to change.

    (((Hugs))) and I hope that you get things worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warning Jenn. Sally & I talked about that when they first moved here as a phone alternative...I guess not. I'd like to find a cheaper phone service, but it won't be that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warning! My hubby had been thinking about this and I wondered about it...I just didn't think it would work as promised, and you confirmed it.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the warning. I've always wondered if it really worked or not. So it doesn't.

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder if Magic Jack feels your rath? lol
    Great post. You captur your feelings so well, giving your reader a fun read. :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now we are one step closer to getting rid of Microsoft's Magic Windows OS. The Penguins are on the march!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you BIG (((HUGS)))!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn,

    LOL! I don't know exactly what a Magic Jack does, but after reading your story, I certainly don't want one.

    Besides, magic only exist in fairy tales. When it comes to real life, magic just doesn't work. Funny that.

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this is old.. but wanted to chime in there and agree with you ... My mom had this and everything you described here she experienced... it was more of a hassle than a blessing... I cant begin to tell you how many times she had to get a new phone number to go along with it because there would be issues.. and like you sometimes it just did not work... and gosh forbid there be an emergency and you need that phone...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still not able to find a reliable and cheap VOIP device, I found magic jack price is very reasoable but also many buyers complained of their bad customer support where people reported that they waited 2 hours for someone to get back to them and they disconnect if they are not able to answer your questions

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails