Monday, May 2, 2011

Nifty Clifty, Part One

The first camping trip with our pop up camper was a huge success.  I certainly feel as if I have done something this weekend.  One of the benefits of camping is that it forces you to move more than usual.  Check out these stairs we climbed.
And these!  These nearly did me in.

But, I did it and it was worth it to see the Lower Falls at Clifty Falls State Park, Madison, IN. 





I'll post some of my favorite pictures in a couple days. Right now I am busy with lessons, laundry and putting things aright for next time. Plus, I need to get ready for Mother's Day. We're hosting a cook out.

Ta-ta For Now!
Jenn

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good time! I enjoyed the sounds of the water fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I always love waterfalls & babbling brooks. Wouldn't it be fun to live in a state park? Except for those stairs, I don't think I could climb all those with my asthma. Very pretty. Glad you had a very successful first outting with the pop-up. Did you have rain at all?

    In answer to your nice comments at my post.
    ~ Amber is doing well, she still has a bit of a scratchy throat and a ticky thoat/cough esp. in the mornings, but else okay I think. ~ Yes, the vet thought it was just something Elsa ate & she would be okay. I liked that vet because he didn't assume worse-case scenario right away.
    ~ We did bring camaras to the move Friday & then the girls came over here for a while afterwards while Sal & Mr. J. took the moving van back to Penske -- I wanted to take a picture, but then forgot, like usual.
    ~ I can tell I'm sick with this week's menu...lots of comfort food. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, it is funny you should say that about wanting to live at the park. When Grace saw the falls she declared that she was building a house right there! Then she decided if she can't live there, she wants to get married next to the falls! So sweet! I'd settle for camping next to them, if that were allowed. I, too, love the water sounds, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Loved the video and being able to hear the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOW, I remember those stairs!!! Yes, it's a beautiful park and the falls are so worth the walk, but I do remember being out of breath. lol
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are A LOT of stairs! What a wonderful weekend get away. Looks so pretty and serene and it reminds me of some of the falls around here. I need to get hubby and the boys to go to Fletcher Falls soon. If we do I will take a video of it. [o=

    I pray blessings on your Mother's Day. ((hugs)) It looks like it will be a VERY quiet Mother's Day with my men...just the way I like it. ((happy dance)

    Popping in to say HI ((waving)) and let you know I MISSED you too.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a lot of stairs! I'm always so inspired by your camping stories! We hope to go camping this summer, after many, many years, and I'm more than a little nervous about that.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend out!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great work out but worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!
    I love all the green, so glad spring is finally here :-).
    Just looking at all those stairs made my knees cringe.
    Thanks for posting the video. The falls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a LOT of exercise! Very pretty scenery. My foot is doing better. I was just very stupid and used one of those blades to scrape off dead skin and did too much. ::blush, blush::

    I hope that the fresh air helped you all feel better. We are finally feeling better. My throat still hurts, but I'm hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had such a good time. It looks beautiful there. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails