Sunday:
The glorious Resurrection Day! After church and Sunday school, we enjoyed the company of 6 extended family members and a big ham dinner. Thankfully, by this time I was feeling better than the previous few days. The kids learned how to play Mario Party thanks to a cousin bringing her copy. What else can you do when it rains on Easter?
| Yummy! |
Monday:
The rain, waking up to a cat howling at midnight, coughing during the night, eating too much white flour and sugar on Sunday, no caffeine this morning all left me dragging today. Although, I must report feeling nearly well today. I am thankful for the antibiotics. We had a normal school day. The rest of the day we spent just enjoying our time at home with no where to go.
We started to contemplate our camping get away this coming weekend. We have reservations at our favorite park, 3 hours north on Lake Michigan. However, the weather up there is going to be cooler and windy with a chance of rain. Another favorite park, a little less than 2 hours south of here is predicted to have less a chance of rain and temperatures 20 degrees warmer than the lake. So, right now we are weighing our options. Looks like we will be going south, unless a weather miracle happens.
| Military Night at AWANA last week. |
Tuesday:
Another rainy, windy night with more rain predicted. We are home today working hard on our lessons. Yes, we will only have two days of lessons this week. We are enjoying life and school is not going to get in our way. (Typical mood for this time of the year, eh?)
We started two books this week, a short biography of Louis Braille and an historical fiction book based on Man O War's lineage. These will be our last two books to read aloud this school year. In fact, we only need 9 more school days to reach the required 180, however, I am not going by that number. I plan to end our school year the third week in May. (Can you hear the cries of, "Oh! Mom!")
I plan to restart our lessons the first week of August. We won't be going full steam at that point. I like to ease back into things. And we are going to keep doing math all summer. It's just better that way. And of course we'll be reading, a lot.
Wednesday:
No school today! Going to visit Grandpa who just moved back to Indiana a couple weeks ago. Changed our reservations from one park to the other park. The weather difference is just too great. We will see our lake at the end of May. *sniff, sniff* And yes, today is another day of rain!
Thursday:
No time for school today. It rained all night. I wanted to mow the lawn today, but it is too wet. Anyway, must get ready to camp tomorrow! Need to get food, pack, and tidy the house.
![]() |
| Twins separated at birth? |
Friday:
Jeff has today off, so we are loading up the van, attaching the camper and are on our way to camping adventure number one of the season! It has been months and months of waiting for this moment. I can't believe it is here.
I hope you have a blessed weekend! I am sure to have loads of photos to share next week.
Jenn

I hope you have a blessed time!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip, and I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
You always have such productive weeks!! Your Easter sounds so wonderful!! I'm so glad you were able to spend it with family. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time camping!! I just love to camp and miss not being to go but I know that someday I will again.
God bless you - Julie
Lovely cake. Sorry your week was somewhat a washout. Hope you are having fun at your alternative camping spot right now.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like the idea of military night for Awana...I think I will suggest that for next year at our meeting. We can do it up big...I can invision really eaching the kids about respect and the pledges (something much needed) and having "boot camp" as part of the game time by one of our soldier dads.