Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nifty Clifty, Part Two

While it was great to go, I am enjoying being home this week.  All the laundry and unpacking is not stealing my joy.  Those are just things that are getting done between the regular chores in our day.  Camping work is not a burden to me, as it might be if my attitude were different.  I love the preparations and do not mind the after effects.  I've heard some say they don't go camping because it is too much work for mom.  

Anyway, like I said before, we had a great inaugural camping trip.  I really like Clifty Falls State Park. For one thing the people are very friendly.  You can't even walk to the bathroom without two or more people saying hello!  When we got to our camp site, a nice guy ran over to help Jeff move the picnic table off the pad.  Best of all, it's not a party park where people go to get drunk, as sadly some of our state parks are.  We've learned the hard way that some parks are just best to be avoided.  And that is really sad.

The weather was perfect for camping.  It was even dry Friday and Saturday.  We heard that the park recently recorded 11 inches of rain!  Sunday morning around 3:30 it did start to rain.  Thankfully the camper proved to be water tight.  Hooray!  We had to pack up after the rain, so things were muddy and damp, but that was not so bad.  It did rain on the way home but stopped so we could pop up the camper in the driveway so that it could dry.  It was sunny and dry long enough for the camper to dry out and be folded up again before the next wave of rain came.  And it did come! 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this marvelous trip. 

All ready to go. 

All hands on deck setting up.

Lived in look. 

Walking around historic Madison, IN

Historic Madison, IN

Neat idea!

Upper Falls, Clifty Falls State Park

Sibling love!

Wild Turkeys! 

Tired, but happy.


Next trip is in a few weeks, Memorial Day weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you could get everything done between rain drops. What a nice place to stay, esp. the camper. I'm sure I'd like camping more if we had comfy beds. I've never been to a party park yet, but I'll never forget at one park where the people that pulled in across from us...well, lets just say I was instantly reminded on the verse about a brawling woman.

    Madison looks lovely. I just love quaint historic towns. Glad your first trip was a BIG success. When do you go again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go again Memorial Day weekend. We have to wait because of May being a busy social month for us with Mother's Day, my grandmother's 89th birthday celebration and my hosting bunco. We will make up for it in the fall, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip. I love the bike idea. We have an old one that just might work for that idea! Love the shots of Madison. Lovely old buildings. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks & sounds like a great time. I'm so glad you have found a family adventure you can enjoy together. So much fun. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous looking weekend. I am in love with Madison...and that bike, so cute! The drying out process is important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for camping season. I pray you have many more week ends of fun and may you have dry ones to boot. [o=

    I am going to have to ask hubby if we can go camping but sadly we won't have a camper. Hmmm we might have to camp in our own homestead.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a wonderful camping trip! Madison looks very lovely - and your camper looks heavenly!!! I think we'll probably be tenting again this year - but I have got DH at least considering the thought of a pop-up maybe a few years down the road.

    I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails