Sunday:
After church and Sunday school, the weather was so amazingly warm (upper 70's) that my husband decided to open up the camper and do some cleaning. We all enjoyed some time just relaxing out there too. It won't be long now!
Monday:
Celebrated the end of homeschool gym. Sad to say good bye to new friends, though. Hopefully we will see them this fall when it starts up again.
We went to lunch at a grocery store salad bar, which can't be beat for freshness. Here was my lunch.
![]() |
| Doesn't he look 13? I mean, look at that forced smile! |
Spent my hour of solitude during dance catching up on my reader. Read a great post about 12 year old girls, too.
On the bad news side, my poor dear husband came down with a bad cold today.
Tuesday:
The sun is shining! Friends are coming over after lessons! What more could we want? This was also the day of the yogurt experiment. More on that later. All was well until the boys started to complain of sore throats. *sigh*
| Getting ideas for her new doll house she is building. |
Wednesday:
Trevor has a low grade fever now. Are we all doomed? I am taking my vitamins and washing my hands!
My van's gas tank is on fumes, so there is no running around today. I want to fill up on next week's budget, which starts on Friday so that this week will be a really good week.
Thankfully the boys were well enough to do school work. But Trevor now has a fever of 101.6. Ryan seems better though.
No AWANA tonight! Can you say happy dance time? Having an evening without any running around will be a treat. We decide to stay up a little later than usual to watch an old movie as a family.
| The doll house bedroom. |
Thursday:
May need food today, but I think I can squeak out another meal or two. We certainly need gas if I am going to get the food. Also need to take kids who are able to karate this evening. So, I guess I will get gas tonight. This tank almost lasted 3 weeks. That's pretty good. I really try to do all my running locally and in batches.
I let the kids sleep in yesterday and today. I am thankful we homeschool so that they can get extra rest when they are not well. And, when they are not well, we can still get lessons of some sort done.
![]() |
| My afternoon treat. |
Light Iced Coffee
8 oz. milk of your choice (I use skim)
Leftover coffee (about 4-6 oz.)
Sweetener to taste (I use 2 Stevia packets)
Pour milk into your glass. Add sweetener and stir. Add ice cubes.
Pour coffee into milk and stir. Top with light whipped cream.
Friday:
Wondering if the standing weekly play date will have to be cancelled. At the very least, Trevor won't be participating. Thanks to my nice friend, who let Ryan and Grace come there. I kept Trevor, although he didn't like that. He's been fever free all day, but my rule for getting near other children is to be fever free without Tylenol for 24 hours. Sorry Trevor.
Also needed to get food for certain. I was unable to put that off again. Grace and I headed out this morning while the boys did some of their independent work.
We will need to do a little reading to fill in some holes from the week. I guess we will do that tomorrow.
Ryan finished his Math U See Zeta book today as well. Time to order again!
Saturday:
This might be the last working Saturday for my dear husband. No promises. Can't count on it. Should not even be thinking about it. *grin*
Going to put some effort into the house again. I feel like doing more purging!
Need to make a treat to take to my grandma. We're going to see her tomorrow after church.
| Always the clown! |
My Memory Verse This Week:
Ecclesiastes 9:10
"Whatever you do, do well.
For when you go to the grave,
there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom."
~* * *~
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you've had a great week, too!
Jenn
Jenn





Sounds like a good week, well except for the sicknesses. Hope this is the last weekend for your hubby. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Busy week!
ReplyDeleteLove the new header. Looks nice.
Hi, Jenn,
ReplyDeleteOh, I pray you stay well! Aren't we all ready to be warm and stay warm...and healthy!? We had a similar go-round here this week, too.
I like the springy new things on your blog!
Can't wait to get our pop-up open, too. It'll have to wait until May as we have some vacation coming up and a ferociously busy schedule. Still dreamin'!
Have a healthy and blessed weekend,
Wendy
Ha. Your son is so cute. Too great that your husband may be off tax duty soon. 70s sounds wonderful too. Today (Friday) is our first warmish day - about 55 and sunny and the kids are loving it. Hopefully, you will stay healthy with your son coming down with something. I got a little bug, but hopefully this time it will be short lived.
ReplyDeleteCathy
basketflat.blogspot.com
Hello Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI so love reading about your week and finding out what you have all been up to. Sorry to read there was some sickness though.
I especially appreciate your frank and honest talk on being frugal with petrol use and the family needing more food. I understand completely where you are coming from.
We have been heads down (bums up!)this last week trying to get all the planned school work done before the end of term 1, so no blogging at all. There has been alot of disruptions this term with the earthquake, so I want to be happy with the amount of work the children have completed.
Holidays in NZ start on Saturday 16th for two weeks.
Best wishes to you all, God Bless, Lee-Anne
Another wonderful post Jenn. We travel a lot less now too and make our trips count...and the grocery thing -- Just like the WM CEO warned, prices are going up, up, up. (sigh). I love the photo of Grace studying a dollhouse book...she certainly is growning up, and Trevor looks delerious with fever. lol
ReplyDeleteI loved gettting caught up with you today! I hope to be back mid week to bloggyland. Boy have I missed you all. I pray you all get better asap and it is hubby's last week and you get him around more. Stopped by to give you a cyber ((HUG)).
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
I am enjoying your weekly reports. Minus hearing you had sick family, of course. Your salad looks great. I grab one sometimes at the grocery for lunch.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous header! Spring has arrived, for sure.
ReplyDeleteI hope you all stay well, now, and that your hubby has no more Saturday work.
It's amazing to run 3 weeks on one tank, but so good! We do just over a tank a week right now. Bad!!
Have a blessed Sunday!
Annie Kate