Monday, April 11, 2011

Goals for the Week


I’m finding a need to be a bit SMART {specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time sensitive} with my plans and goals for this week! So here is the plan…

Home Management
  • Do dishes every night before bed
  • Sweep kitchen floor every morning
  • Do 10 minute pick up every afternoon and as needed
  • Clean bathrooms daily (train/ teach kids again)
  • Mop floors as needed (kids help)
  • Purge!  Purge!  Purge! 
 Relationships
  • Write one letter to a shut-in this week.
  • Hug my kids every day. 
  • Look for opportunities to serve my husband (go above and beyond)
  • Lunch with visiting grandma

Reading
  • Read one chapter a day for pure enjoyment.


Health
  • Take at least 3 walks or bike rides this week.  Does not matter how fast or far, just do it! 
  • Limit sugar, keep eating those fruits, whole grains and veggies
  • Find more healthy snack ideas that will appeal to the kids
  • Take time to chop veggies, make salads, bake healthy bread (In other words, don't be lazy in this area!)
General
  • Do not turn on the computer until morning chores are done, not even for a quick check of spam on cbox
  • Buy some Easter treats  
  • Plan our little kitchen garden



I will let you all know how I do later in the week.  What are some of your goals for this week? 

5 comments:

  1. Good Plan Jenn. I'm in a real get 'er done mode too. Get caught up with housework (even ironing), keep the house clean dispite Elsa-the-messy-dog. Be a good example to my daughters and a blessing to our family. NOT BE LAZY.

    Hey, I know, for Easter treats, you can give the kids carrots & lettus...that what the bunnies eat. Ya think they will fall for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good list. Hope it doesn't have to change because of illness. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My big goal is to make some headway on my yardwork...and get us packed for our vacation...and manage to get some school done in the midst of my daughter's drama rehearsals and productions! Anything over that is gravy. :-)

    Love your goal list...do let us know how it goes. Inspiring!

    Have a great week,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some good goals!
    My twitter fast is going well. I miss the 'chatter', but I can be easily distracted by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenn! I like the "SMART" acronym...good to have in sight when setting goals! I'm with you in the "Health" goals, and I like your housework goals, too. The "PURGE PURGE PURGE" speaks to me, LOL!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails