Just a few notes taken down recently at my favorite spot on this great earth!
The shelf ice, dangerous as it is beautiful, was spectacular. It hides the lake until you climb a little higher onto the dunes, exposing the bright, clear blue water. I love to see the waves crashing behind the shelf ice, producing a clap of spray. It was hard to capture on film, but you can kind of see it in this next photo.
Here is a good shot of Dune Creek, which empties into the lake. I love how it snakes through the beach.
I love to hear the reaction of locals (my husband's family) when we tell them that we went to the lake. They think we are crazy. I think it is they who are missing out. I cannot imagine living 3 miles from this awesome place and only going to the beach during the summer.
Just pure pleasure to look at these beautiful shots, Jenn. I hope to go up there someday.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy our beautiful sunshine.
((hugs))
Katia
This is so beautiful! I really hope we can go to the Lake this year ( we didn't make it last summer)
ReplyDeleteSigh.....its so refreshing to look at!
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful there, isn't it? I just love it there. I, too, love to visit it in the winter. :) In fact, we just visited it this past weekend... photos forthcoming. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday!
Shani xxx
A mini-field trip! Would love to see that; I can just imagine the sounds as you describe them. What a blessing to have that so close and can see it in its different seasons.
ReplyDeleteLike your template changes, by the way! :-)
Wendy
I am "from" FL (as much as a military brat can be from somewhere). When we lived right next to lake Erie, I used to laugh at the way people called it the "beach". But, is sure was pretty, no matter what season.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. Glad you have such a nice place to visit. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Beautiful pictures, I can see why you enjoy this place!
ReplyDeleteThis was so neat to see. I hear about the Great Lakes a lot but haven't had the privilege to see them yet. So much of the Canadian History we are learning are all centered around the Great Lakes area. Thank you so much for sharing this. I will have to show the boys it. *grin*
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))!
In Him<><
-Mary
How beautiful that is! I'm excited to see the shelf ice when our Rideau Trail walks take us along the Ottawa River. I can't imagine what it would be like to see a beach at a huge lake!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
Did the Time Management ebook work on the Nook?
Annie Kate