Monday, March 14, 2011
Hair Update
I keep meaning to write a follow up post to my other post about going "No Poo". So far, I am very happy. It did take three weeks to adjust, but the adjustment was very mild. Now on the second day, my hair is no longer oily. I have found that it helps to rinse my hair with water on the days between the washings with soda. I also read that you can let those washing go farther between as your hair adjusts.
One day I skipped the vinegar rinse because I forgot to make more before I was already in the shower. Boy, was I surprised at how tangled my hair was afterwards. The vinegar rinse really does work.
I only have one other family member joining me on this journey, so far. The others might have to join by default, as they are soon to need shampoo and I just might not buy any!
Again, I am just so pleased with my hair. I have no reason to go back.
~Jenn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have also went "pooless". I love my hair now. I don't have to use the gels and mousse in order to get my hair to hold the style. Of course, I still use a salon hairspray. My teen daughters have also went "pooless". Our hair smells so fresh. I absolutely love it. One of my daughters still has oily hair, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I don't know how to deal with it. Any ideas?
ReplyDeleteoh, how neat! I've heard of that before, but never tried it. I used to wash and dry my hair EVERY day - I have a lot of hair and it's long. I've only recently started going a few days between washes. You wouldn't believe the free time I have now! :-) I'm getting it cut tomorrow, maybe something drastic! I'm thinking I may go short, well, short for me!
ReplyDeleteSharity
Thanks for the update, Jenn!!! I was wondering how it was going, and I'm beginning my journey today. :) I already go three days between washing with regular shampoo/conditioner, so I'm not anticipating a huge adjustment, just a frugal one! Yay! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic week! xxx
Glad it's going well for you. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
I started this too a couple of weeks ago and mean to post about it soon. It's working well for me too!
ReplyDeleteI used the last of my shampoo and conditioner and I bought some bottles for going pooless. I will post on my blog how it goes. Now my family will think I have officially gone off the deep end but oh well. I also read some other homemade shampoo options last week and will share when I find them again.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so glad you did an update on this. My last shampoo last week was w/o conditioner, just using the vineagar/water and that worked well...Amber did too. I don't think I'll ever buy conditoner again. I was so amazed at how well the vinegar got the tangles out of my tangly hair -- that was what I was most skepical about. We still have a bit of shampoo left, but this morning I shampooed with the baking soda & then vinegar conditoner for the first time and all went well. I think I have less friz. Could it be that all these commercial products have been causing us problems just so we would buy more products? We will see how it goes with Amber's oily hormonal-teen hair once she switches over all the way, but so far, so good. I may never buy any hair products again. Yeah!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://frugalgranola.com/2009/01/natural-homemade-shampoo-for-1-30/
ReplyDeletehere is the link for the shampoo "recipes"
I used just straight castile soap on Benjamin's hair Saturday night and he still smells minty fresh. It wouldn't take much. I am going to do the girl's hair tonight and mine with the baking soda and vinegar. We will see, like I said I wonder about how I am going to feel about not using styling products more than the no poo thing....
I am getting ready to make the jump! I am using up my shampoo bottle so I can use it for the baking soda mix. [0= I am praying I can hang it out. I have such oily hair but I will do it and pray for the best. *grin* Hmmm maybe hubby will buy me a bottle so I don't have to wait, lttn. [o=
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you did a update. I was wondering how it was going.
Blessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary