Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sickness, Ice Storm & Other Things

Hello friends.  Are you well?  I sure hope so.  I've been feeling pretty rotten myself for the last several days.  I had good company.  Two of my kids were sick with fevers, coughing, congestion and aches, too.  I knew we were doomed when my husband got sick the week before. Anyway, there is not much to do about that now.  He was a dear nurse this past weekend when no one could take care of themselves.  We are all on the mend though.  It just leaves you so weak and the coughing lingers on.

I watched a ton of old movies, which was fun, for awhile.  Then they started to get either too musical or too depressing.  For some reason I can't read when I am sick.  I need to be watching TV to keep my mind off of things.  It does dull your mind afterall! 


No school has happened yet this week and may not.  I don't know.  The kids are enjoying this impromptu break.  Just not the break I had planned.  Another thing I cannot change. 


Presently, my husband is working from home.  We had wave one of a two wave storm hit.  The first wave brought ice.  All schools are closed, even the colleges.  That's big.  They never close.  The next wave is going to bring more ice, sleet, snow and wind.  It is on its way.  Up at "my lake" they have a blizzard warning with up to 20 inches of snow and 60 mph winds.  Think I am wishing I was there today?  Nope.  It is all about perspective. 

As long as we have power we will be just fine.  I hate that dependency on power.  It's not the little inconveniences I worry about, but keeping warm.  That is a deal breaker.  We'd have to find a way to keep warm besides burning our furniture.  I am feeling a little unprepared.  I wish I had prepared a bit better.  We have food, but not enough wood on hand.  Oh well.  They could be wrong.

Well, I need to give the laptop back to my son.  I will leave you with these  pictures I took of myself and my cat with my cellphone camera.  I started to get all sentimental about her since she is always by my side when I am sick.  She is here now, right next to me.  The pictures remind me of those ones you might have taken at the mall with your best friend.  You know the crazy pictures you took in that photo booth?  Do they still have those?    Anyway, Abbey has been my best friend this week. 


Jenn & her BBF

7 comments:

  1. Jenn, I love your blog design! So pretty!

    I'm sorry you've had the flu. I know exactly what you mean about lingering cough. One of my sons cannot get rid of it! Are not animals devoted when we are down? My Annie stays near me no matter what!

    I hope you are completely well, and soon!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so many interesting discussions you and I could have, my friend! I think this summer we may need to meet halfway for a picnic and/or cup of coffee, what do you think?

    I am currently reading the book "Better Off," which is an experiment an MIT grad and his wife did for 18 months. It was an experiment on living with no electricity whatsoever. Fascinating! Stuff my dreams are made of anymore, I tell you what.

    Love these photos of you and your sick-friend. :) Feel better, sweetie. (((hugs)))

    All right - the blizzard is out in full force here, so I'm off to play hooky. All of my chores are pretty wrapped for the day; even have dinner in the crockpot. I hope you all stay safe and warm, and enjoy the blizzard as much as we are. :)

    love,
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly hope and pray you feel better soon.

    Cute pics. Jenn and her BFF - love it!

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, cute mama/kitty photos. Aren't pets great when we are feeling down? I sure hope for you a speedy recovery...I know...too late for it to be speedy already. Not a good way to lose weight either, Wii sounds much more fun. Glad you aren't at the lake right now, I don't think your tent/camper would hold up to all that too well. Auck, I'm tired and rambling, but gad to visit with you. Take care dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've been sick! And your part of the storm sounds like a whopper. We had it here yesterday and today, but some sun this afternoon. It's supposed to be 20 below tonight--br-r-r-r-r!

    Take care and may the Lord restore you all quickly.

    Blessings of health,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the best pictures ever, I love them. So did you get the big storm? I haven't checked the weather. I'm glad you are all on the mend, hope you feel 100% soon. Oh, and yes, they still have those photos booths at the mall. Sarah goes to them a lot. They print out the craziest pictures now. They add graphics & colors, it's so cute. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you're not well.

    I wish my hubby was home with us - alas - he is not. He is somewhere warm and sunny, and so the kids and I got to deal with this last blizzard on our own. :P

    i am SO ready for spring! (Let's hope the groundhog was right.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails