A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they tell us. One of the things I love about home education is how my children are free to dress as they desire without peer pressure.
Even at our church, Grace has told me that she feels odd being one of only one or two of the girls in 5th grade who consistently wears dresses. And it is no wonder. We tried to find a new dress for Grace at the nearby stores and it was nearly impossible. But that is another reason we do not support those companies, if we can avoid it.
When I was in the 5th grade, chasing boys was the popular sport. Wearing tight jeans with a comb in the back pocket to keep your winged bangs perfect was high fashion. I'm glad my kids are free of all that.
I'm glad that we are a home educating family! Sometimes you are so glad that you just have to give it a shout!
Great photos. And it is nice that the kids can dress how ever they want. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
AMEN!
ReplyDeleteOne of the things I like the best is that my daughter does not feel that pressure to dress in a worldly, un-modest manner. Her sense of style is all her own, and some days it is out of this world...and I am ok with that!
Glad for sure, double glad for sure. If I start to think about what all my 7th and 5th graders would already know/do I get all worked up then I get super thankful!
ReplyDeleteAmen! That was one of the things I was always thankful for, too! My children were free to be themselves-the way God created them-without pressure from others to be something they weren't. I'm amazed at how different my children were as compared to me, who did go to school and had a lot of pressure. I'm SO thankful that we homeschooled. It was a total blessing! Thank you for sharing your pictures! Your children are precious and happy!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you - Julie
And I send up a shout with you! Very precious freedoms we have--a good reminder.
ReplyDeleteI love that our kids can enjoy being themselves. PJ day is one of our favorites! My gals like to wear dresses also...sadly girls just do not anymore. We shop mosly at the thrift stores. I adore watching the gals different styles come out. Thankful they are modest and do not follow whats "in" style.
ReplyDeleteNow my boys are amazingly different from one another and its most evident in what they wear. But they too do not bend to worldly ideals.
I miss the days of hats and capes! Oh and cowboy boots.
Hi Jenn, just wanted to say a big thankyou for thinking about us at this terrible time. When I see events overseas, it's hard to take notice and comprehend what it must be like on the ground. Bless you for taking that time for my family and I. We just pray that the toll on life is not as great as they predict.
ReplyDeleteLee-Anne, Christchurch, NZ
Cute pictures of the kids :-)!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about finding dresses, it is difficult!
We do lots of skirts and find blouses to match. But the thing about skirts is so many of them are way too short!
Amen. Thankful our girls can be free to dress modestly and not as some of their peers at church who look more like harlots. Yes, it's hard to find dresses...Amber bought 2 skirts at the thrift store yesterday for the grand total of $3.
ReplyDeletewoohoo! What a great shout out to all the freedom dressers out there! Love it!
ReplyDeleteMy boys' style constantly changes. Sometimes I look at them go "really?". But honestly who cares! I wish I had known that type of freedom when I was there age.
Blessings!
Sharity
This kind of freedom of expression is a wonderful thing. Shout as loud as you feel my SSiC. It is a GOOD thing. *grin*
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary