Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Perfect Day

This past Saturday we headed up north to see Jeff's mom and to celebrate his birthday, which is this coming Thursday.  Because he has a January birthday, we always try to celebrate the weekend before, in case of bad weather so we will have the next weekend to move our party to. 

This trip was a much needed lake fix.  We miss Lake Michigan, even in the winter.  The weather was brisk and overcast, but not too windy or snowy.  Jeff and Grace hiked a trail over Mt. Tom to the nature center.  We had a nice lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube.  My they can eat wings!  We also did a little shopping at Pro Bass and the camper dealer by the lake to buy mirror extensions and tire chocks.  We also bought our yearly park pass.  And finally we had birthday cake.  Then it was time to make the 2 and a half hour journey back home. 

Here are some pictures of our time. 
 Love the swirls!





 Almost 45!

 Trevor's new hat. 

Here's hoping it is not too long before we get back to our lake home!  I am counting the days until our first camping trip the last weekend in April. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your pictures! You are so blessed to live near a lake like that!

    How are you enjoying Eight Cousins? We also have Rose in Bloom, but it is more girly, so I didn't read it aloud to the whole crew.

    However, I'm considering pushing the envelope a bit with Little Women, and reading it to everyone. Do you think that would work for ages 8-18, including an almost 16 yo boy? It's probably a bit iffy for Miss 8 and for my son.

    I'm still pondering the idea.

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Just stunning. There is something about snow on a beach be it a lake beach or ocean beach.
    Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, everyone looks frozen Jenn. Are you sure you had fun? Quaker Steak & Lube sounds interesting...is it just a food place or can you get your car greased while you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great pictures of the family, but you are right the swirls in the water remind me of a perfectly tasting Starbucks coffee treat.. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely way to celebrate. Nice pics too! And Trevor in that hat, what a cutie!

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  6. What GREAT winter pics ! *grin* And to see a BIG lake is great anytime. I am so glad you all got to have a good b-day celebration for you hubby. What a yummy looking cake too. *grin*

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time. So glad you could make it up there. And the pictures look great. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day you had, 2 1/2 hours and we would be in the middle of no where!!!
    Oh, I see Annie Kate mention Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom...great books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! So refreshing to see and do something so out of the routine. But you do look COLD.

    I agree with PlainJane's question...Steak & Lube??? :-)

    Blessings,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun, even if it was cold. The cake looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birthday Blessings! It looks very cold :)

    Trevor looks cute in that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks PAINFULLY cold!
    You are a brave, brave woman! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails