I read a lot. I read books. I read blogs, a lot of blogs. I read aloud to my kids every day for a couple hours. I love to read. I am hooked on it, you might say! That's why I love Google Reader. One of the features that I use frequently is the "star". I decided that it might be fun to post some of my favorite "stars". So here it goes.
The number one slot goes to Summer Tomato's How to Start Working Out When You Don't Like Exercise. I don't think I need to say any more on this topic. *sigh*
Number two slot goes to A Wise Woman Builds Her Home's When We Fail. Thank you, dear lady! I needed to hear this after my day of trying to teach a certain child yesterday.
Number three goes to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers's Homeschool Showcase # 63. Lots of good reads there. I am still working on them, myself.
Number four goes to Best of Fates' This is a Cat in a Bowl. It made me smile. I just love cats.
And number five goes to The Animal Blog. The whole blog makes me smile. I guess I was in the mood to smile this week!
My favorite video this week is:
I want to learn how to fold a shirt like that!
And here is a cool post from Pioneer Woman that I just found. Your kids can learn vocabulary and earn real rice for real people. Don't ask me how that works. I just go with it. I will say it is for younger kids, as my 7th grader found the words too easy. I told him to keep going anyway, because people were hungry.
I hope you enjoy these sites as much as I have. It may take me a month to get another crop of good ones to share, or it may be another week. :-)
~Jenn
Do you like that I am slowing down and paying attention so I do not send you two comments each time?
ReplyDeleteI used to use bloglines but switched over to google reader when the bloglines people said they were shutting down but didn't. I really do like google reader now that I use it every day. I will have to check out some of those posts when I get time tomorrow. Tonight I am off to do a little history planning while the older blessings watch a video before going to bed.
LOL, i have seen that video before, it's really great!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the PW's link. That sounds like something I sure ca use for Anna and I.
Enjoy our gorgeous snow,
(((hugs))
Katia
PW's link is fun and if you stay with it (takes a while) the vocabulary words do get much more difficult. But definitely a link worth taking a gander at :-)!
ReplyDeleteWe don't fold here, I just dump the clean clothes on the loveseat and we pick them off as we need them, LOL!
I had a lot of the same favorites you did! I loved that T-shirt video, although, I must say, I can fold a T-shirt/shirt pretty darn good as I owned a laundromat/dry-cleaners at one time and it comes with the territory! :)
ReplyDeleteI love to read, too, and find that I'm reading more and more blogs. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
God bless you - Julie
Those sound like some great links. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
OH no, more stuff to read! Thanks for the links, Jenn. I'll get to them... someday. Grandparents here right now and lots of activity. I tried folding my shirt like that video, and it takes too long to get it all smoothed out. My way isn't as neat, but it's faster! If I were Japanese, however, neatness would count for more. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great evening. I'll have to check out those blogs. P.S I can't see the links well with the yellow coloring. Maybe it's just me.
ReplyDeleteThese are neat ! I have to admit my favorite ( but I haven't checked out the rest yet) was the shirt folding. Essie is into ANYTHING Japanese. [0=
ReplyDeleteI need to get back to my real aloud's once I feel better.
Ohhh is there a time next week we can chat. This week was a wipe-out with how I was feeling.
I cruised in her from Katia's blog. Those are some great sites. Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDelete