Monday, January 10, 2011
It's Monday!
I just had to post an update today. I am feeling so much better! I did not go anywhere or do anything this weekend. It must have been just the thing I needed. Thank you for your prayers.
It felt so good to be out today. The sun is shining, making the 30F temperature feel lovely. It occurred to me that I had not been away from home since last Monday. What a blessing!
Oh, and I just finished another fantastic book, Cobwebs and Cables by Hesba Stetton. You have to read it too! (My poor husband was thinking he needs to get me my own Nook, after I hogged it all weekend.)
Here is what Lamplighter says about the book.
" It is a story of man's decision to get caught up in sin out of desperation to serve the one he loves. But it soon becomes clear that one lie from a "truthful" man is more hurtful than all the lies of a liar. Those who yield to its power engage in an intricate path of falsehood-an entangling maze-that ever deepens as one lie builds upon another. As you wrestle with the characters in this engaging drama, rest assured that your confidence will grow, not in man, but in our loving, forgiving God."
How can you pass on this one? And there are so many more! For free!
Now, I promised my husband that I would not start another book for awhile so that he can have HIS Nook with him at work. At least until he finishes the book he bought for Christmas. And since I am committed to debt free living, I will not press him to buy me my own Nook. (Perhaps for my birthday in October. Which is so far away!!! *sigh*) For now, I must learn to like reading from my PC. Or rent my son's laptop! He only charges a dollar an hour.
~Jenn
Labels:
Books We Enjoy,
Character,
Debt Free Living,
Slice of Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you are having a blast with the Nook, so glad you two can share it. And it's great to hear you are feeling better. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
At least you know what you want for your birthday!!! Mine is in November and I think I might ask for one as well.
ReplyDeleteOH, Hesba Stretton is good. I can't remember what else of hers I have read. Those oldies are treasures! Did you find that at Gutenberg? I am with you. I prefer not to read a book at my computer. Maybe it's time for me to join the ranks of the iPod/Kindle fans... nah. I have to learn to use a cell phone first. Baby steps, you know. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking more and more about a Nook or a Kindle. I like the color aspect of the Nook. Like you, though, it will have to wait until my birthday - November! - or Christmas or maybe longer.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some much needed rest this weekend and enjoyed being out today!
God bless you - Julie
The Nook sounds like a good thing! So does that book!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're feeling better.
Have a great day!
Annie Kate
So glad you are feeling better! Free is good...And I am thinking about this Nook thing more and more.
ReplyDeleteI think the Toby Mac book may be a mom read first book or a family read. Its really good but some content may need a parents wisdom,. I thought of you last night as I read...its full of quotes. I know you love quotes!