Hateful
I see him on his porch
Stroking his gray beard.
When I look in his gray blue eyes,
I see hate.
I drop a dime on his lawn.
I go to pick it up.
He yells with his rough voice,
"Hey! You get off my lawn!"
I forget about my dime and run away,
Wishing I had never passed by.
A Poem by Grace
I like Grace's poem!
ReplyDeleteI wish this grumpy ole man knew God's love. That would take care of his hate!:) what a deeply thoughtout poem. I hope she gets an "A."
ReplyDeleteGreat job Grace!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I have a Personification lesson scheduled this week with our FIAR Friday. ...but it will be on a kindergarten level.
ReplyDeleteShe did great. What a beautiful poem. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Wow! children can really sense evil. May we continue to be like children.
ReplyDeleteShe did great with her poem.
(((hugs))
katia
Very impressive. My kids hate poetry. We have not produced any in this house. Good job, Grace! (And good job, Mom!)
ReplyDeleteFantastic job, Grace!
ReplyDeleteMy kids really enjoy poetry.
Int the past, when we've done assignments like this, I've let them work at powerpoint to illustrate their poems and jazzy the page up a bit. We've printed them on cardstock and keep them in a binder.
Thanks for posting it as we need to get on the ball and get some more done :-)!
Blessings!