Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What Hit Me?

Oh my, there is much to tell.  My poor husband woke up yesterday and how should I put this delicately, "got sick?"  He rightly decided to spend the day on the couch.  I was having, what I thought were sympathy pains, but was well enough to take the kids to their weekly "torture" class, as my youngest calls it.  He doesn't like running laps.  I remember feeling the same way, back in the day.  It's nice that our local community center offers this calss so that my kids can know some of my pain!  Remember those little scooters?  Remember dodge ball?  Torture! 

Where was I?  Oh yes, I was going on with my day even though I did not feel quite right.  After gym class, we dashed to our next destination, a fan appreciation meeting sponsored by KLOVE with my boys' favorite Christian band, Casting Crowns. 

We waited in line for an hour and a half.  The best part was that we were inside.  The temperatures were in the teens and I had visions of us outside waiting.  KLOVE at least made it more enjoyable.   Every 15 minuets they had a give away after singing a Christmas song.  We were to text a word to a number, something new to me!  We did not win anything, but it was still fun. 

In fact, all this was very new to me.  I had never, ever gone to get an autograph before.  I had never attended a concert, other than the jazz or symphony, up to the point when I met my husband.  Concerts are just not my thing.  But standing in line, I could do, especially since this band is so God centered in their ministry.  And my boys are my boys!  (Grace came along not as a fan, but a shopper. She spent her hard earned money on a CD for Ryan's Christmas gift.  Plus she got it signed.  What a sister.)



After the wait, which my boys remarked seemed short, we reached our destination and the kids became suddenly mutes.  It was so cute!  They handed their CD's to the band, got a picture taken and we were off, left a little stunned, I might say.  They acted as if they did not know what to do or where to go next.  Star struck? 


Anyway, we made it home where I fell onto the couch, not feeling too well at this point.  I slept most of the afternoon feeling achy and congested.  This morning I am feeling a lot better, just congested.  I know I said I was not going to get on the computer in the mornings, but I was too sick to post them yesterday afternoon and I just could not wait to post these sweet pictures.  Plus, our day is probably already compromised, so why not! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool. The pictures are great. How nice that you had something like that so close by for you all to go to. And to be able to stand inside where it's warm, yep, that makes it all worth it.

    So sorry you felt sick when you got home, that is a bummer. How is your hubby doing today? I hope he's feeling better.

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I hope you all are back to snuff REAL soon. There sure is a bug going around. Instead I have back problems. How neat it was for your boys. And what a loving sister. *grin*

    Praying blessings on you all. ((HUGS))

    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your kids got to meet their favorite band. That's really cool! I'm glad you and Jeff are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenn! Sorry about the sickness at your house yesterday, and glad you feel better today.
    My husband stayed home yesterday for one more day of rest before heading back to work. The colds we all had were quite aggressive on taking away our energy.
    Yes, I started a blog over here, hsb wasn't working yesterday and I had a post...not sure if I will keep it full time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day! I'm so sorry that you were sick, though :( I hope that you continue to feel better today and that your entire family is spared from any further passing of germs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! I love the idea of the children, except for Grace, enjoying Casting Crown's God centered music. You scored BIG points with Ryan, for sure. He will remember all of your efforts to get them there as fast as possible. Even though they had to endure "torture" first. Lol
    Glad you are resting. :)
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so cool, yea Casting Crowns is supposed to hit OKC sometime here soon, not sure when.. dont think I will make the hour n half drive though..

    Kuddos for Grace thinking about her brother how thoughtful of a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, i wish I knew they were in town. Glad you were inside, it's been very cold indeed.
    I got me a bad sinus infection from Sunday to Monday, but I am a lot better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I didn't know your gym morning was that organized, I was just picturing it to be free play. That's great that they can be tortured just like all the rest of us...life goes full circle. teehe. We have a couple of scooters...they are much funner in the basement or with cubbie races!

    Tell Ryan I really like Casting Crowns too...been to their concert once or twice. What a blessing & memory to last a lifetime that you gave to Ryan. We stood in an autograph line once too for another group after a concert...didn't get home until about 1 a.m. or so. That is cute that they were speechless.

    So sorry to hear you were sick too, I was so surprised when you mentioned in on my cbox since I thought it was just Jeff that was sick. Hope both of your are doing even better by now. Wow, that must be some couch you that that both Jeff and You could fit on it at the same time. lol, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful for them to meet their favorite band! That's so cute how they were so shy when they actually met them. I think that's perfectly normal - I've done it myself. LOL

    I'm glad you were able to be inside and that you weren't too sick to go. I'm so sorry that you're feeling bad now, though, and I hope you get well quick! Hope your hubby is feeling better now, too.

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolute treat for your boys, what a terrific sister, and what a great mom you are to sludge through the day when it probably would have been easier to just stay home. SO glad you're feeling better... don't do too much and drink lots of tea to feel better. And if the congestion goes to your chest to the point where you're coughing all the time, slather some Vick's on your feet, put your socks on, and go to sleep. ((hugs))

    love,
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really takes a lot to get me to a concert. In fact, I think the last one was Geoff Moore and the Distance with DC Talk,(years and years ago) LOL!
    But we are going to see Tim Hawkins this Sunday evening and I'm really jazzed about that, lookin' forward to laughin' myself silly :-).
    I hope you're all better now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what an exciting day! I'm sure no one will forget it.

    Hope you soon feel a lot better...and that the kids stay well.

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails